TWELVE

Estrella unlocked her car door and got inside, slamming the door shut. She just sat there in silence, staring at the steering wheel in thought. Goddamn you, God. She thought, thanks for making my life hell, you couldn't have picked an angel for him? She put the key in the ignition and turned it, listening to the engine roar to life. And goddamn you, Lucifer for running off and letting me deal with your brothers alone! She was obviously frustrated with the world and dealing with this all by herself and not having anyone to vent to about it. She was truly all alone in this. She backed out of her parking space and drove off, thankful that work was over, even though it was almost three AM. It has been an eventful night with Michael showing up, her boss jumping on her every five minutes over the ridiculous things and the table of rude men that kept shouting and throwing shot glasses. For some reason the bouncer disappeared for half an hour and no one could get them to leave. She pulled into McDonald's parking lot and went through the drive-thru to order chicken nuggets and large fries since she was not in the mood to cook when she got home. While ordering, she decided to order a Coke. She didn't touch the food once she got it, instead she put it on the passenger seat and drove home with the scent lingering under her nose; making her hunger stronger. Estrella didn't know what to do anymore, she was being torn in two different directions. She didn't want to fall for Lucifer, even if they are meant to be together but she didn't want to work against him either. It came to the point where she needed to decide what was best for her and what her heart wanted. Tears started to roll down her cheeks and she sighed, this was when she wished her mom was still here to help her when she was stuck in a tough spot. Estrella cut off the engine when she got home and wiped her tears away with her sleeve before grabbing the McDonald's bag and cup. She planned to eat, take a bath then go to bed to start another day. She was going to find Lucifer, one way or another. The house was pitch black and empty and she found her way to the couch carefully. She flicked on the lamp and illuminated the room, but she screamed when she saw someone sitting on the couch. Her heart stopped for a second before she realized that it was Lucifer sitting there dressed in all black, staring at her with an impatient look on his face.

"You scared me!"

"My brother talked to you, Michael?"

Estrella wasn't sure how he knew that but decided not to ask. She placed her bag and drink down on the coffee table and began to take off her coat.

"Yes he did."

Lucifer stood up and she watched him very closely and suspiciously, what was he going to do?

"What did he say?" he asked. Even though he already knew, he wanted to see if she would lie to him.

Estrella sat down and leaned down to untie her shoes, her feet were killing her and she just wanted to get comfortable.

"He wants me to work against you and work with them. He said you see me as an advantage."

Lucifer chuckled then shook his head, that sounded like Michael; jumping to conclusions.

"How can you be an advantage?" he glanced at her and she shrugged her shoulders in response.

She sat her shoes to the side then leaned back, staring up at him in thought. He was looking straight ahead and she could tell that he was in deep thought, probably deciding on how he could hurt Michael like he did Anpiel but she didn't care. She cared about something else that has been bothering her.

"Why were you gone for a week?"

Lucifer looked at her, surprised that she was interrogating him about that but he should have expected it since she was like that.

"Because I had things to do."

Estrella didn't fully believe that, she believed it was because of the kiss but she didn't want to argue with him about it tonight, she wanted to eat. Lucifer watch eat the fries in silence then decided to sit down, thinking of what to tell her next. He wanted to kill Michael but he was tough to defeat, Lucifer took blame for that because it was he who trained Michael to be the fighter he is today.

"How many of your brothers will I meet?"

Lucifer looked at her and their eyes locked on each other. He had missed her but he despised that he had.

"Hopefully not all of them."

"How did you know he—"

"I just knew." he interrupted. He didn't want her to know that he had demons keeping an eye on her when he wasn't around but she was already questioning him. She looked down at her fries for a moment then back up to see that he was staring at her. Things were awkward now and they both knew it was because of their kiss.

"If I don't work against you," she began then trailed off. "what will Michael do to me?"

"Nothing," he replied honestly. "I won't let him."

"He said he'll do everything in his power to stop you, I don't think he's the one I should piss—"

"Don't worry about my little brother!" he snapped and she jumped when he raised his voice. "I taught him everything he knows. Trust me."

Estrella nodded her head, realizing that she did trust him but she was still concerned. She got up from the couch and gathered the trash, taking it to the kitchen and he watched.

"I'm tired, so I'm going to go to bed. Are you staying?"

"No I'm not," Lucifer replied then he stood up, straightening out his shirt. "I have something to deal with."

She decided that it would be best if she didn't ask, she knew what he meant. She stopped, looking into his black eyes for a moment.

"Okay," she paused awkwardly. Since she kissed him all she could think about was that kiss; how it made her feel, how his lips felt against hers, if he enjoyed it and wanted it to happen again and the thought she didn't want to think about the most; would they go further? "goodnight, Lucifer."

"Goodnight, Estrella." he murmured.

She turned and quickly made her way down the corridor while her heart pounded against her chest fleetingly.

Michael was right, I am falling for him.