FIFTEEN

Lucifer had been absent from Estrella's life for two weeks now, leaving her very grateful of the peacefulness. Even Lucifer's brothers had left her alone, for now anyways. It was as if her life had returned back to normal; back to the days where she believed Lucifer was a made up villain in a story to frighten people. But, she did wait every day until sleep fell over her for him to show. Yet, something told her that he or that Abaddon guy was watching her very quietly; maybe even watching to see what she was doing behind Lucifer's back. She wondered at times why he hadn't shown. What has Lucifer done? Estrella was at work, as usual on a Monday night. The club was overwhelmingly filled with men and women; a group of eleven men hung around the bar intoxicated, she guessed it was a bachelor party. The other guests kept to themselves, silently watching the ladies strut themselves on stage to entertain them; one of those ladies being Estrella. While she danced to a Rihanna song, she was lost in thought about Lucifer which happened more often than she would like it to. All day she had thought of him, not because she wanted to but because she couldn't help herself. Too bad he didn't have a cell phone so she could call him and interrogate him as to why he has been absent. Luckily a man by the stage snapped her out of her thoughts by waving cash in his hand to get her attention. He was very cute; very tall, kind of slender, short blonde hair and deep ocean blue eyes. She approached him, lowering her body to his eye level. The man smiled, flashing his pearl white teeth.

"What's your name?"

"Estrella," she smiled. "what's yours?"

"Matthew, but you can call me Matt," he replied. He showed her the cash then pushed it down her cleavage, giving her a wink. "there's a tip you'll never forget, sweetheart."

He turned away afterwards, leaving her in a daze before she realized the song was over and Sasha Blue was coming out next. She got up and jogged backstage, pulling the cash out to find one hundred dollars in ones.

"Jenna!" she exclaimed excitedly, running over to her makeup desk. She tossed the cash down and Jenna picked it up.

"Holy shit girl, who gave you this?!"

"Some hot guy named Matthew," Estrella replied with a smile. She knew she was blushing without controlling it. "he called me sweetheart."

"How hot?"

"He's very tall, he has deep blue eyes. Blonde hair and a very nice smile, that's all I could see though."

"Obviously he likes you or you wouldn't have gotten a hundred dollars as a tip!"

"I know," she breathed deeply then pulled off her wig. "he said it would be a tip I never forget."

"Well, it shouldn't be. Maybe you two should date! You do need a man and some sex in your life, for once."

Jenna!" Estrella exclaimed with an embarrassing blush appearing on her cheeks. She turned towards her bag and grabbed her clothes to go home in, her shift was now officially over.

"What?"

"It's not that simple, Jen."

"Sure it is," Jenna stood up, trying to keep her balance on her ten inch heels. "let me help you lose your virginity!"

"No thanks, Jen." Estrella laughed awkwardly then hurried away to the dressing rooms.

Jenna always had the best intentions but sometimes she just didn't know when to stop. She thought that Estrella needed a man, but of course she didn't know that the devil was Estrella's soulmate or she wouldn't be getting involved. Jenna strutted out to the front, heading towards the bar to start her shift as a bartender. She approached the bar, greeted Kristina and began giving the men drinks while having very flirtatious conversations with them. Jenna fixed a shot of Vodka for a man she had been chatting with for the last six minutes. He was quite interesting; she had learned that he just finished college and planned to become a doctor.

*So, are you having a good time here tonight?" Jenna asked while handing him he shot. He took it, downed it immediately before responding.

"I am. Hey, do you know everyone that works here?"

"To an extent." she replied a little suspiciously. Why? she wondered, what did he want or wanted to know?

"There was a woman on stage tonight," he began. "she had blonde hair, you know her?"

Jenna's jaw dropped open, was this Matthew?! She should have asked for his name sooner, but hell she didn't even think about it because she didn't care about his name---- at the time.

"I do! She's my best friend, her name is Estrella."

Matthew's blue eyes illuminated instantly once she had said that. This woman was her best friend? Which means I have a better chance getting to know Estrella, he thought happily.

"Do you think I could get her number if I asked?"

"Don't worry about asking, I will just give it to you. She'll definitely be pleased! Hold on a minute while I grab a pen and paper."

Jenna hurried away while Matthew sat there with a dumb smile on his face, which made Kristina angry. She knew that Lucifer would not be pleased by this, but what was she meant to do about it now? He had told her not to draw unnecessary attention, so she stood by and watched the human give the other human Estrella's phone number. Obviously he thanked her, then paid for his drinks and left the club. Kristina huffed once, threw down the hand towel she had been carrying all night onto the counter, then stormed off to the back. Lucifer needed to be informed about this right away.