TEN

Estrella felt her heart drop to her stomach and the breath leave her lungs. Honestly, she didn't expect him to agree to stay here with her. Honestly, she didn't know why she asked him to but it was too late to back out now.

"Okay," she exhaled and he watched her very closely with his dark eyes, piercing her soul. "I'll get dressed then. Um, you have to wait in the living room because I don't really..." she trailed off quietly, feeling very uneasy with the way he was staring at her.

"Because you don't feel comfortable around me, correct?"

Estrella nodded her head. "Correct."

"I will respect your privacy," he swore in a raspy, low tone. "just know, I hate to be kept waiting."
And with that said, he turned and walked off to the couch.

She gasped for air, extremely grateful that she could now breathe. But she had to hurry, she didn't want to keep him waiting even though it does take her at least an hour to get ready, depending on where she was planning on going and honestly she didn't know what she was going to do with the devil. She ran into her bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her and ran to her dresser.

She needed undergarments, that was on the top of her list. She pulled on hot pink panties and a black push-up bra, not even caring if they matched. Then she started to look for some bottoms, deciding on a pair of black leggings for comfort and the last thing she needed was a shirt. She opened her closet and began moving the clothes back and forth on the hanger, searching for anything that appealed to her. She looked at long sleeves, short sleeves and even tank tops before deciding on a long sleeve blue shirt. After she pushed her head through the opening and her arms through the sleeves, she ran back to the dresser to put on socks since she had forgotten to do that while putting on her undergarments. She thought she looked okay, or at least she hoped, but surely Lucifer didn't judge people's clothes. Estrella ran back to the bathroom and let down her hair, grabbing her brush and running it several times through the tangles.

What am I going to with this hair? Drying it and straightening it will take a while.

She exhaled in frustration, then just decided to let it air dry. She opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed her deodorant, rubbing that on her armpits, then looked under the sink to find some perfume. She decided on a Vanilla scent, since Vanilla was her favorite.

No makeup, that will take longer than doing my hair. So, I will have to deal with a natural look.

She overlooked her appearance in the mirror before nodding in approval. She was done and hopefully she didn't look horrible... Lucifer laid on the couch, staring up at the ceiling in deep thought when she walked in and stood by his head, staring into him with a questioning look.

"What?"

"What are you staring at?" she interrogated, putting her hands on her hips.

"Your dirty ceiling."

Estrella immediately looked up at the white ceiling, trying to see what he meant.

"It's not dirty."

Lucifer rolled his eyes once, deciding not to argue with her. His eyes wandered to her figure, eyeing her up and down in thought. She was glowing today, he found himself disgusted to think that she was gorgeous. He didn't want to think that way about a human.

"Now what?" he interrogated. Estrella exhaled in thought, glancing around the living room. She hadn't thought that far yet, she didn't even know what the devil enjoyed to do but she knew she had to decide fleetingly before he got fed up and leave.

"Um," she trailed off. "are you hungry?"

Lucifer chuckled, shaking his head as well. Estrella watched him suspiciously, what was so funny, what did she say?