TWENTY SEVEN

Sex was better the second time and Estrella found it funny that she didn't feel guilty this time, instead she felt exhausted and good. It was very late and her head rested on Lucifer's masculine arm that wasn't very comfortable, but he was playing with her hair and she enjoyed that. He thought she was asleep but her mind wouldn't shut off, instead it was running continuously. She pondered how the angels were reacting, what they were planning, what the demons and hellhounds outside were doing, what Abaddon was preparing, and everything else that came in between that. She shifted and exhaled softly, catching Lucifer's attention.

"Go to sleep."

"I can't," she bit her bottom lip before continuing. "do you really think I'm safe?"

"Yes, stop thinking about that. Think about anything else but that." he demanded with irritation ringing in his voice.

"Okay," Estrella whispered. "what does Hell look like?"

"Seriously, that's what you're thinking about?"

"Well you are the Devil, a girl can wonder, can't she?" she said and he sighed heavily but didn't answer her. "well?"

"I don't know, it looks like Hell."

"So, the abyss of lava is true?"

"Part of it, the very last level of the underworld is where the lava is. None of us has seen it, I never have. But the first level I stay at, it's cold. Colder than you would ever imagine. The damned isn't burned for eternity though, they're punished and forced to face their most terrifying fears. And it's always dark; no moon, no stars, no sun. Just darkness."

Estrella listened to his words carefully and she was slightly fascinated.

"How do you handle the cold then?"

"The cold doesn't bother me much, it does time to time. But it's my kingdom, I've learned to deal with it."

Estrella lifted her head to look at him but the darkness in her bedroom prevented her from doing so.

"What do you do there, king Lucifer?"

He smirked. "I rule it, of course. I tell others what to do, they come to me with problems from other demons or from damned souls. I get informed about different things and it's up to me to fix them."

"Who rules it while you're away, like right now?" she interrogated. He wished that she would stop asking so many questions and fall asleep but he guessed that talking about it would make it easier.

"Right now, Abaddon is ruling. If he's not there then my other brother Azazel rules, so on." Lucifer replied, feeling her fingers slide up and down his bare chest.

"No queen?"

"No," he replied then paused for a moment in curiosity. "why are you asking?"

"I don't know, I was just curious. But you did break your promise earlier for Lilith." Estrella replied. Was it ordinary to be jealous? She wasn't sure but it felt weird, she's experience jealousy before but never for the Devil.

"It's not like that, Lilith isn't the queen and she never will be."

"Who is she then, her name sounds familiar?"

"Do we have to talk about this right now?" he asked but she insisted and Lucifer wasn't going to argue, he gave in. "she was a human before she was a demon. She couldn't bear children so she was considered rotten and useless in her village. She prayed to God for days to heal her rotten womb, to give her the blessing of having a child, but he never did. In anger, she sold her soul to me. All she wanted was revenge. I gave her what she wished for. She murdered the pregnant women in her village and was stoned to death for her crimes. When her soul came to me, I gave her the permission to do as she pleased and she continued to take children from women in a big fuck you to God. But after some decades she got over that stage."