NINE

"I'm going to take a shower." Estrella told Lucifer after she placed her empty plate in the sink. She had just finished breakfast, a cup of coffee and a bagel. She turned to face him and he had a careless expression on his perfect sculptured face.

"And you're sharing that information because?"

She huffed once. "Because I figured you would just follow me like you have been all morning. So, while I am in the shower I don't want you messing anything up. Basically I'm telling you to behave."

"Don't worry, I'll sit on the couch and won't move until you get out." Lucifer told her with sarcasm consuming his voice.

Estrella didn't say another word. She walked out of the kitchen and headed towards her bathroom, hoping that he would behave while she had her back turned. She pushed the shower door back and turned the faucet, letting the water soak her hand as she decided on the temperature. She stood in front of the mirror and turned on the sink to brush her teeth, debating on whether to lock the door or not. Surely Lucifer had enough morals to not spy on her while she showered. The warm water felt great on her skin, she loved taking showers early in the morning because it made her feel relaxed and clean, plus she was boxed in with her thoughts but this morning she wished she wasn't. Her mind was on Lucifer. Pondering about what he was doing right now, was he waiting for her? Was he bored? Did he miss her presence? Because for some odd reason she missed his. She found herself rushing and had to force herself to stop, she couldn't rush her life to be with him, she didn't want to rush her life but knowing that the devil was sitting on her couch waiting for her to return made butterflies fly around in her stomach.
Does he like me? Does he think I'm pretty? I wonder what he likes most about me. No, Estrella stop, don't think like that. I hate him remember? He's the Devil, he's cruel, he's the king of all evils. I can't fall for him; I can't worry about how I look around him or if he likes me!
She turned the right faucet and the cold water splashed her, stopping her heart for a moment while it snapped her out of her thoughts and she turned the warm water back on, gasping for warmth. That snapped her out of it for sure! After she was finished, she wrapped her hair into a towel and wrapped another around her body before grabbing her PINK silk robe from the hanger on the door. She felt a lot better but she knew she would have to face Lucifer again, very, very soon. She gripped the handle and twisted it, pulling the door inwards as the steam followed behind her and she stepped out just an inch before jumping out of the way. Anpiel slammed against the wall hard, cracking it slightly and something fell out of his grip. Estrella looked closely, seeing the glistening silver of a sword.

"Come on," Lucifer encouraged, marching down the hallway towards him as he tried to get back to his feet. "get up prissy. You were brave enough to show up, let's see how brave you are facing me."

Lucifer reached him and bent down to pick him up by the throat and once again he slammed his back against the wall. Anpiel gripped his wrist tightly, trying to pry it away as his feet kicked off of the floor and Estrella watched in shock.

"Don't kill me." he gasped breathlessly. Lucifer chuckled.

"Why shouldn't I?"

Estrella shook her head, shaking herself back to reality and she stepped out of the bathroom.

"Lucifer, don't kill him. Just let him go, he gets it."

She watched Lucifer's figure tense and he glanced at her from the corner of his eye.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"She's right," Anpiel gasped. "you shouldn't kill me because you know what they will do."

Lucifer dropped him and he landed on his hands and knees, coughing loudly. Of course he knew what they would do, but at this moment he didn't give a damn about what they would do. All he cared about was to put the fear in this little angel to never come back again. Lucifer kicked him in the stomach as hard as he could, causing Estrella to flinch and look away.

"I don't care what they will do Anpiel," he spat through his clenched teeth. "but I won't kill you. Tell you what though, I will torture you until you beg me to kill you."

Anpiel glanced up at him bravely and his eyes flamed with hatred, but deep down inside the pit of his stomach he was frightened.

"I was ordered to come here; I did not chose to get involved in this!"

"Ah!" Lucifer exclaimed. "see Estrella, if he wasn't ordered by another little angel he wouldn't be here to help you. Enlighten me Anpiel, what was your order?"

Anpiel was silence for a moment, the wheels of his mind turning in thought as he debated whether or not to tell the truth but he knew lying was bad. Lying was what Lucifer did.

"I was ordered to keep her away from you and I could do anything I wanted to make sure that happened."

Lucifer nodded his head, feeling his blood boil.

"I thought so," he mumbled under his breath then glanced at Estrella. "you don't want to see this."

"What are you going to do?" she interrogated with wide eyes and in a flash, something invisible pushed her back into the bathroom and slammed the door shut, locking her inside. She pounded her fists on the door as loud as she could and also trying to get the door to unlock. "Lucifer let me out!" she demanded in a loud voice, but the screams from the other side of the door were louder. Her ears began to throb painfully and her eardrums began to ring and she reacted like anyone else would by covering her ears with her hands to keep the noise out, but she could still hear it clearly. Her head throbbed as well and she thought that her skull was about to explode. "Stop!" she screamed, hoping Lucifer would hear. But the screams lasted another ten seconds before dissolving. The bathroom door opened and Lucifer walked in, looking at her with a blank expression on his face. She uncovered her ears and stared at him, not seeing any crimson blood on him anywhere. "W-what did you do to him?" she whispered and he saw the fear glistening in her eyes. He exhaled.

"Don't worry about it."

"Is he dead?"

Lucifer's lips pressed together tightly, creating a very fine line before he spoke.

"No," he glanced at her in her robe and she began to turn red in embarrassment. "I need to go."

"Go?" she asked in a rush. "where are you going?"

"Where do you think I'm going, Estrella? I've been here all night, longer than I should be if I may add." he spat, sounding annoyed. He turned on his boots and walked out of the bathroom, heading down the hallway and she hurried after him.

"Hey," she reached out and gripped his sleeve and he came to a halt immediately. "you can stay. If you want to?"

Lucifer was very quiet and Estrella felt her heart pounding rapidly against her chest. Why did she say that?

"And if I do?"

Estrella shrugged her shoulders. The wheels of her mind turned fleetingly, trying to think of an answer.

"I don't know, but we'll do something."

"Fine," he spun around and faced her. "I will stay here with you, Estrella."