Chapter Twenty-Three: Together✔️

River by Bishop

They stayed the night at Belle's parents house, sleeping together in Belle's old room. And just sleeping- Marnie was adamant about that, even though Belle tried to tempt her just a little.

Okay, a lot.

She couldn't help it. Her love for this creature made her crave their bodies together constantly, but Marnie wasn't having it that night, even though they hadn't slept together since that weird morning a week ago. She said that Belle was going to need as much rest as she could get for what would transpire the next day.

Honestly, Marnie's words made her more anxious than ever, but she still somehow fell asleep against the comforting warmth of the Djinni's body. When she woke in the morning, Marnie was already waiting for her, of course. They had breakfast with Belle's family, well, Marnie only nibbled on some toast to keep the human gag up, and then they were saying their goodbyes.

Belle's mother hugged her tightly. "You be good, chula."

"Of course, mom."

After saying goodbye to her father, she unleashed her biggest hug on her baby brother. Claude took the opportunity and planted a giant raspberry on Belle's cheek, just because he knew it would annoy her.

"You little punk," Belle growled, locking Claude in her arms and giving him one right back.

"Gross!" He protested, but he was laughing with her.

"Behave for mom and dad okay?"

"I know. You gotta come and see the new house!"

"When are you guys moving?"

"We're set to move on the fifteenth, unless the house sells quickly, then we might go ahead and move sooner," her father said.

"It probably won't, but we'll tell you either way honey," Belle's mother said. "Be careful driving back you two!"

"You've got it," Marnie called, waving them off and leading Belle outside. It was warmer than it had been yesterday, but the light clouds in the sky made a point to keep the sun hidden from view. Marnie opened the door for Belle and she slid in, buckling her seatbelt. Once Marnie was in her own seat, she started the car and they began their journey to Marnie's private lake house.

Belle was grateful Marnie didn't blind fold her again so that she could look out the widow this time. "Nervous?" Marnie asked her. When Belle looked at her in question, the demon nodded at Belle's jittering legs.

Belle willed her restless limbs to stop. "A little."

Marnie laughed quietly and turned her eyes back on the empty road in front of her. "Having second thoughts?"

"No," Belle told her softly, her left hand finding its way to Marnie's thigh. "Of course not."

"Well we won't be doing anything until later, so we'll have all day to calm you down."

"What? Why?"

"I have...some things in mind for you," Marnie murmured, her tone of voice sending electric tingles down Belle's spine.