First Melody

Even today, she could still remember the fateful concert that had brought them all together under the night sky full of constellations. She raised her voice in support of them and their bonds, believing that one day, they would become one of the world's most famous artistas living. 

STARISH had just completed their final concert on the Japan tour. As always, Haruka Nanami was waiting backstage ready to congratulate them on their successful concert. 

"Everyone! Amazing concert today!" she said excitedly. She expected them to high-five her as they always did but this time, they didn't. The only thing they did was reply a quick "Ah" before they left to their dressing room. 

She watched silently as she watched them leave her and enter the dressing room. Something was amiss, she was sure of that. These past few days, it seemed as if they were purposely ignoring her. But, she couldn't figure out the reason why. They still sang and practiced together but something just didn't feel right. Ittoki-kun's smile sometimes almost looked force when he saw her. Ichinose-san just walked right past her mumbling a quick apology stating that he had something to do. Syo-kun didn't led her any more DVD's. Natsuki-san ran away as soon as he spotted her. Hijirikawa ignored her, only conveying his thoughts to her when necessary. Jinguji-san didn't act like he normally would around her anymore either. Cecil just looked at her as if she wasn't that important. Everyone had changed in the blink of an eye. 

On the way back to the Master Course dorms, Haruka was lost in thought as she tried to figure out why everyone was behaving so weirdly.

"...ka."

"...ruka."

"...HARUKA!" She immediately jumped up in surprise at the sudden call of her name.

"T-tomo-chan?" she stuttered, blown back by surprise. 

"Haruka, are you okay? You don't seem to be looking well", Tomochika said. Tomochika was Haruka's best friends even before they were admitted into Saotome Academy together. Tomochika was always there by Haruka's side, constantly giving her advice in both musical and fashion categories. 

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, Tomo-chan." She put her hands out in a defense posture, telling her best friend that there was nothing to worry about. 

"Hmmmmm..." Tomochika only narrowed her eyes at Haruka. Then she flopped back down in her seat. "I don't believe you. Something's bothering you, that I definitely know", she said as she opened one of her eyes to look at Haruka who was seated next to her on the coach bus. 

Haruka looked down towards her shoes. Sadness leaking through to show on her face. "It's just that...these days...I feel like all the STARISH members have been ignoring me..." she said as she glanced towards the 7 boys who were minding their own business and playing with one another. 

"Don't worry, Haruka! I'm sure they'll come back in a day or two. It's nothing to fret over about. It's not like they don't want you anymore." Tomochika said the last statement silently. 

"I hope that's true..." Haruka replied with sadness. Her golden bright eyes seemed to have become a little duller. However, even Tomochika could tell that something was up with the STARISH members despite the reassuring words that she had just given Haruka. But, even Tomochika would've never realized that what she had said was spot on. 

The coach bus had stopped right before the Master Course and everyone began hauling their luggage off the bus and began going to their dorms. It was currently 5:00 p.m. and as Haruka looked at the skies above, she could see rainclouds gathering. The weather forecast did say that it was going to rain wasn't it?

Haruka began walking towards her dorm as someone blocked her way. She looked up into the eyes of the man that was blocking her way. 

"Ichinose-san!" she exclaimed in surprise. "How may I help you?" Her smile was bright and cheerful like the sun. She was glad that one of the members has begun talking to her.