Seventeenth Melody

A week ago, right after the release of Haruka's "Hotaru" music video, it was announced that a new drama series will be released and it was to be produced and directed by Fujisaki Genjiro. He was Japan's most famous producer and any movie or drama series produced by him always got ratings of 10% or higher nationwide. The drama series was to be called "Romance of a Lifetime" where the female protagonist was a poor girl who's family could barely afford to shelter themselves. One day, she meets a rich young boy who not only is arrogant but doesn't know the meaning of being poor. The girl was then brought into his family to educate him and there, she meets other boys, too. It was a whirlwind romance, almost like a roller coaster, that one can only experience in a lifetime. 

Just knowing that the famous Fujisaki Genjiro was directing it made every female actress, amateur or not, want to get the main role. Of course, Nanami Haruka also auditioned with the convincing of the people from her agency. In the end, she won the role, much to her surprise. 

In total, there will be eight male actors playing the other male roles and three of them have already been decided. Rei, Ren, and Sou had auditioned, too and without saying, they of course passed the audition with little effort. Rei won the role of the main male protagonist, Ren won the male protagonist that was playful and energetic, and Sou won the male protagonist that was silent but caring. The only thing left was to go to the meeting next week and find out who the remaining actors are. Haruka, Rei, Ren, and Sou were looking forward to it. After all, this was the first drama that they were going to film in together!

"Ah~ I'm looking forward to working together with everyone!" Haruka said smiling happily, hands clapped against each other before her. Right now, Haruka was in President Ryuu's office, chatting with him. 

Ryuu smiled. "Is it really something to look forward to?" he asked questioning her. Haruka pouted. 

"Of course it is! Rei, Ren, and Sou are going to be in it!"

Ryuu chuckled again while staring at Haruka's pouting face. His face suddenly turned grim. "Then what if STARISH obtains once of those male roles?" He studied Haruka's reaction to his words and saw that she was no longer cheery. She just sat there in the chair, with a downcast expression. 

"It's okay if you don't want to answer..." Ryuu began but Haruka shook her head. Her eyes were now visible and her expression clear, her eyes reflected pain and sadness and her lips had tightened into a frown. She started to speak which caught Ryuu's attention.

"If...if they do get one of the male role's, which is highly likely to happen considering their individual talents...I wouldn't mind", Haruka said, locking her golden eyes with Ryuu's behind his mask. Ryuu's eyes widened.

"Why would you not mind?" Ryuu further questioned.

"I think it's about time. Time for me to face them. I can't always hide behind the others and this agency", Haruka smiled with a slight chuckle even though she still had sadness written across her face. 

Ryuu continued staring at her and smiled. "If that's what you say, then good luck on the drama."

Haruka smiled. This time, she was back to her regular self. "Thanks! I will!" 

The following week~

Rei, Ren, and Sou were already downstairs as Haruka came running down the stairs. She had woken up a little bit later than usual after getting back home late due to a photoshoot. As she hurried down, she accidentally tripped. She closed her eyes waiting for the impact of the ground but instead, she felt a pair of arms wrapping itself around her. She looked up and saw Sou.

"Haruka, are you okay?" Sou asked worriedly.

Haruka steadied herself onto her feet. "Thank you, Sou. For helping me out just now. I'm fine."