Second Melody

Laying in the middle of the hospital room there was Haruka. The IV bag standing next to the side of her bed, dripping. She was still unconscious even after the doctors had confirmed the test results that had came back were okay. Except for one thing that is. The doctor that was in charge of her had heaved a sigh. 

She's still so young, he thought as he looked at the results in his hand again. They had tried contacting the people on her phone list but nobody seemed to have answered. The room was shrouded in silence except for the ticking of the clock. 

At the lobby of the hospital, a tall figured man had walked in. His hair was a grayish blue with whitish-gray highlights at the end. His skin was white as porcelain but fair, almost beautiful. There was no sign of imperfection. He had a mysterious aura surrounding him and his eyes were covered with the shades he was wearing. Even though he was under disguise, he couldn't help but stand out from the cold. The receptionists all squealed in delight as he approached them. 

"May I wonder where Haruka Nanami is?" he asked them. 

"O-of course", the receptionist said, stuttering as she did. She flipped through the catalog of patients as she came to the name she was looking for. "The patient Haruka Nanami is in room 403."

"Thanks."

With that, the mysterious man walked away. As they saw him leave, they motioned to each other. "Hey, don't you think he was hot~?" one of them said blushing. 

"I know right~. I wonder if he was her boyfriend or something. She must be one hell of a lucky girl to have a guy like that", she replied. The others began squealing in delight at the talk they just had with the man.

His shoes clicked silently on the polished tiled floors as he came before room 403. He knocked silently on the door before he heard someone say "Come in." He slid open the door and there, he saw her laying there. Her bright orange-pink hair was a mess and her skin was strangely pale. It made her look so fragile as if she would break by just touching her. 

"You must be one of her relatives", the doctor said, gaining his attention as he whipped his head around to meet him. 

"Yes, but not exactly a relative. More like a close friend", he nodded in reply. 

"I see. Well, please sit for now." He motioned towards the chair in front of him. "I'm surprised that someone had actually come seeing that no one had answered her phone as we called the contacts that she had saved on her contact list", the doctor said briefly. 

"No one answered?!" His eyes had widened in shock. Revealing his dark blue-gray eyes as he took off his shades. 

"Huh? Yes. You came here because you saw the call did you not?" he asked slightly confused.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't one of the people that you had called. I came because I heard someone on the streets saying that someone was taken away in an ambulance and the description of the person had fit my friend so well. I really didn't think that it would be her."

"I see...Well, my name is Dr. Ootori. Please to meet you", he said as he held out a hand towards the man. 

"Likewise. My name is Rei. Ishimaki Rei." He took his hand and shook it. 

"Let's get onto topic. We did some tests to see if there was anything abnormal but the tests came back just fine. However..." he drifted off. 

"However?" he asked seriously. Dr. Ootori looked at him briefly, thinking if he should say the next few words or not. He then looked at the frail patient and sighed. 

"From the studies shown, I believe she has a heart disease. She most likely passed out from a series of heart palpations." 

Rei just looked on. There was no shockness shown, just plain worry.