Hanging Out pt1

Chapter Twelve

            It was a bright, sunny Saturday morning when Robert woke up and got dressed; he has been waiting for this day. Ever since he met Preston, something about him makes him happy and he smiles a lot more. He has never felt like this with anyone, not even with Ann Marie. He still didn’t know how to tellPrestonthat he is going out with his cousin Ann Marie. How mad would he get when he found out, he knew that Ann Marie was his cousin? He should just come out and tell him he is dating his cousin, he doesn’t need it to get awkward if Ann Marie ever introduced them to each other. As he was making his way to the front door, he ran into his uncle.

            “Where are you going so early? I thought you didn’t have to meet Vera until noon?” Robert’s uncle asked. He had forgotten he had told Vera they were going to hang out today. He didn’t want to cancel on either of them. Maybe he can talk Vera into hanging out with him andPreston.

            “I know I just have an errand I had to take care of before I meet Vera.” Robert said.

            “Ok don’t forget about Vera, I don’t need you  standing her up.” His uncle said.

            “Yes sir I know, I will see you later.” Robert said as he went out the door. Robert decided to call Vera and see if she could be ready now to hangout. He was about to hang up when she finally answered her phone.

            “Hello” Vera said.

            “Vera, this is Robert I was wondering if you would like to meet up now rather then at noon?” Robert said.

            “Yeah sure, just give me some time to get ready.” Vera said.

            “Ok I’ll be at your house in forty minutes.” Robert said.

            “Ok see you soon.” Vera said. Now he just needed to callPrestonand tell him he was going to be running late. He dialedPreston’s number and waited for him to answer.

            “Hey Robert, what can I do for you?”Prestonasked. He sounded like he was in a better mood then he had been.

            “I was just calling to tell you that I’m running late, but I’ll be there as soon as I can. By the way I am bringing someone with me, she’s the reason am running late.” Robert said.

            “That’s alright; I’ll see you later then.”Prestonsaid. When he heard him say she, he just knew he meant his girlfriend.Prestonwas a little disappointed that he was straight. He had been hoping that Robert was gay. Well this turned out to be a good thing in a way. He already had a boyfriend and didn’t need another guy for him to be involved with. He loved Grant and didn’t want any problems to start between them.Prestonwas just walking out of his room when he ran into Xavier. He hadn’t seen or talked to him since that day he came out, he still felt bad for ruining his proposal to Cynthia. He needed to apology to him and maybe Cynthia if she will even listen to him.

            “Hey Zay, can I talk to you for a sec?”Prestonasked. Xavier looked at him, his eyes filled with sadness.

            “Yeah sure, what do you need?” Xavier said.

            “I’m sorry for ruining your proposal to Cynthia, I  wasn’t thinking. I know you must think I’m the biggest douche for doing that, but I’m truly sorry. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you I would.”Prestonsaid.

            Xavier stayed quiet and just stared at him.Prestonwas hoping that he was thinking of something good and not something bad. Then finally Xavier placed a hand on his shoulder and said; “It’s okPrestonI forgive you. I know what you did couldn’t have been easy, I can see that now. I’m sorry if I said anything hurtful to you. I just wished you would have told me sooner, and then I could have been able to support you when it came to telling dad. I can see he isn’t taking it well.” Xavier said.