Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

            It was Sunday afternoon; Robert’s mom and sister were going home today. He had enjoyed his time with them; but he wished it could have been longer. They rode in silence to the airport; no one said anything until they waited to board their flight.

            “I wish we didn’t have to go back.” Nora said.

            “I know me too, but hey I will see you for Christmas in a few weeks and I’ll be home for almost a month.” Robert said.

            “Will I see you as well Preston?”

            “Of course, I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Preston said.

            “Good maybe you two can come with us to my first ultrasound?”

            “Yes, I will gladly be there for both of you. I want to see my niece or nephew for the first time. How long do you think you have before he finds out?”

            “I don’t know I’m hoping not until it is noticeable. I want to stay home as long as I can, before I’m forced to leave.”

            “Just remember that Rose is his eyes and be careful about what you do or say.”

            “I know don’t worry, now come here and give me a big hug.” Robert gives Nora a big bear hug. He still felt like she wasn’t thinking this all the way through. Not only was she too young, he feared what their uncle would do when he found out.

            “Vince, take care of her and if anything happens I want you to call me, no matter what time of day it is.”

            “I will” Vince gave Robert a hug.

            “Mom I love you and I will miss you, but I will see you again soon. Don’t forget about what I asked you to do for me.”

            “I love you too mijo, like I said I’ll try my best.” She hugged Robert and then turned to Preston.

            “Preston, please make sure he is getting the sleep he needs.”

            “Yes ma’am I will.” Preston said as he hugged her back.

            “Ok come on, we have to board the plane.” Vince said.

            “Ok bye guys, I can’t wait to see you again soon.” Nora said.

            “Bye everyone, have a safe flight and we will see you as soon as the semester is over.” Preston said. They watched as they boarded the plane, Preston was glad that he got to meet Robert’s family. He had fun spending time with them, he was also happy they like him.