Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

Preston was in the kitchen making a special dinner for Robert. He couldn't believe it had been a month since they had officially started dating. It had been the happiest month of his life. He still felt guilty about the way Ann Marie found out, but he wasn't going to let her ruin this for him. The relationship he had with Robert was the best thing that had happened to Preston since he came out. Preston had decided that tonight was the night he was going to have sex with Robert. He loved Robert and he was ready for them to take that next step in their relationship. He was hoping that Robert felt the same way he did too. As Preston got to working on making dinner, he realized he didn't know what he was doing. Nothing he was doing was coming out, as it should. He was starting to get frustrated; he needed help so he went to Vera's apartment. He was hoping Vera would be home. Preston walked up to Vera's door and knocked, he saw his cousin Xavier.

"Where is Vera?" Preston said as he let himself into the apartment.

"She is getting ready, what are you covered in?" Xavier said as he brushed off some flour off his shoulder.

"I need her help with making dinner and its flour, I dropped the bag and it went everywhere."

"What are you making or should I say trying to make?"

"Chicken parmesan and a triple chocolate cake from starch, they happen to be Robert's favorites."

"Well your first mistake was trying to make something you have never tried to make yourself." Vera said as she joins them in the living room, but when she saw Preston.

"I have seen Robert make it plenty of times; I didn't think it was going to be that hard."

"How big of a mess did you leave in the kitchen?"

"Let's just say that if Robert was to come home right now he would flip out."

"What did you do in there?" Vera walked out of her apartment before even letting Preston answer her question and went into their place. When she walked into the kitchen, she stopped dead in her tracks. She had never seen a mess this bad before, and she knew if Robert saw it this way he was going to be beyond pissed.

"Oh my god Preston, what happened in here?"

"I don't know, somewhere along the way things started to go downhill. Vera please I need your help and cleaning up in here and making dinner." Preston looked at her with his sad puppy dog eyes; that's how he can get his way all the time.

"Ok fine, you and Xavier are going to start cleaning up and I will get started on making dinner. What time is Robert coming home from work?"

"I think he should be here around ten." Vera looked at the clock they did have much time.

"We only have three hours, so hurry up and start cleaning up. I don't have enough time to make you a triple chocolate cake, but I do have a tray of brownies I just made that you can have."

"Oh thank you yes that will work and I am sorry that I am ruining the evening. I know you and Zay were supposed to be going out."

"Hey don't worry about it, you're my friend and you always help a friend in need. Besides you're going to be making it up to me anyway."

"Don't forget you owe me too Preston." Xavier said.

"I know and whenever y'all need a favor I will be there for you guys."