Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

            After Grant left, Preston went up to check up on Ann Marie. She hadn’t left her room since Robert left. He knocked on the door and waited for her to let him in.

            “It’s open, come in.” Preston walked in and found Ann Marie laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling. She only did that when she was in deep thought. He laid down next to her and looked over at her. He could see she had been crying, he felt bad, she was really looking forward to all of them hanging out and getting to know each other.

            “I’m sorry for the way Grant acted and I am sorry that he was the reason that Robert left.” Preston waited for Ann Marie’s respond. She took a deep sigh before she said anything.

            “It’s not your fault or Grant’s.”

            “Then what is wrong, why have you been crying?”

            “I think Robbie is cheating on me.”

            “Why do you say that?”

            “He has not spent any time with me and he has been acting funny ever since we came back from Spain.”

            “Do you think that he faked his sickness and started an argument with Grant to leave early?”

            “Yes I do, in fact last week I wanted to hang out with him, but he said he had plans and couldn’t get out of them.” Preston had the feeling it was the day he was with Robert and Vera.

            “What day was it?”

            “It was on Saturday, he said he had to help his dad with something at the law firm. Who works on a Saturday?” Preston didn’t know if he should tell her he was with him and a girl named Vera. Maybe he was cheating on Ann Marie with Vera. He could also be wrong; he should really get all the details before he says anything.

            “Maybe you’re just being paranoid, or maybe he just has a lot on his mind and needs time to himself.” Preston was hoping he could get her to stop thinking that Robert was cheating on her, or at least just until he could find out if it was true.

            “Maybe your right, but I just can’t seem to shake this feeling that something is going on between Robbie and Vera.” Oh, man she knows about Vera, he knew that Robert just said they were old family friends, but he couldn’t help but wonder if Robert felt anything for Vera.

            “Um who is Vera?”

            “Oh that is a girl Robbie grew up with. They use to hate each other but they made amends with each other.”

            “Oh so you think Robert is cheating on you with this girl Vera? He could just talk to her about you. Maybe he just needs a female opinion, for something he wants to do for you but not sure if you will like it.”