Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Forty-Nine

The last few weeks of school had dragged by slowly. Preston was ready to go home, being at the same school as Robert was making it harder on him to avoid him. Preston was almost done packing up all his stuff, they were leaving tomorrow afternoon. Of course that was probably not going to happen as Xavier hadn’t finished his packing. He and Vera were out on one last date before heading home. He was glad they finally started dating, but they were acting like they weren’t going to see each other again. Preston placed the last of his things in the box, now all he had left was his clothes. That could wait until tomorrow, he needed a coffee break. He grabbed his wallet and walked to the bus stop that stopped near the school, and then he walked to Bruegger’s. Before he walked in he saw Grant walking his way.

“Hey Grant long time no see.” Preston said as he gave him a hug.

“I know I was thinking the same thing the other day. So how have you been?”

“I have been better just taking it one day at a time, how about you?”

“Pretty good, excited for graduation tomorrow, are you coming?”

“No sorry I just want to go home as soon as I can.”

“That’s alright," Grant looked around before looking back at Preston. "So I take it you never got back with Robert? I figures that with his uncle out of the picture, you would have told him everything and you two would get back together.” Preston let out a sigh as he looked at the ground, then back at Grant.

“How about we go inside and I can tell you the whole story.” Grant nodded his head and they went inside. Preston grabbed a table by the window, while Grant ordered their coffee.

Robert had just finished packing everything that was his in the apartment. He and Chloe were going to his new house that his parents just moved into. He had told them the situation with Chloe and was more than happy to take her in. They were also excited to be getting two more grandchild. Last week they had found out that Chloe was carrying twins. Robert was hoping for a girl and boy, but he still had another two months before he could find out. Chloe was going to take off next semester to have the babies and agreed to stay with his parents. She loved how his family opened their home to her and treated her like she was family. Robert was hoping she would change her mind and be part of the twins lives. He knew that once they were old enough, they would ask about their mother and he didnt want to say she didn't want them.I'll thhink about is all she said to him, and it was all he could ask for right now.

Everyone loved Chloe but Vera; he still hadn’t told her the truth about everything. He was going to do that right now, he told Chloe he was going over to Vera’s to talk to her. When he knocked on her door, he was greeted by Xavier.

“Hey Robert, were you looking for Vera?”

“Yeah but if you two are busy I can talk to her later.”

“Not at all, she is in the kitchen.” Xavier moved aside to let him in and led him to the kitchen.

“Hey Vera,” Robert said as he sat down at the table.

“Hey Robert what can I do for you?”

“I was wondering if I could talk to you.”

“Yeah sure,” she said as she joined him at the table.

“Well I will leave you two alone.” Xavier said.

“You don’t have to leave Xavier.” Robert said.

“No it’s fine, I have to go back and finish packing anyway.” Xavier kissed Vera and walked out the door.

“So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?”