Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

When Vera got to the library, she wasn't sure where Preston was. She called his phone to see where he was.

"Hey Vera, I'm heading your way." Preston said as he came out of the shadowy corner by library.

"Why didn't you wait for me outside of the library?"

"I wanted to make sure you came alone, I just don't want to see Robert right now."

"Ok I understand, come on I'll take you back to my place. The only thing is I don't have a spare bedroom. You're going to have to sleep on the pull out couch."

"That's fine, anything is better than going back to my dorm right now."

"So do you know why he did it?"

"He made it sound like it was my fault. He said I wasn't spending enough time with him. How is it my fault, this is my first year of college. Grant can't expect me to keep up with all my class work and be with him all the time."

"He is just being a jerk, screw him, you don't need him. There is a guy out there for you that will treat you right."

"I know and your right, I just haven't met him yet."

It took every ounce of control Vera had from telling Preston that Robert was in love with him. As much as she wanted them to be together, she had to wait and just let things run their course.

When Vera and Preston return to the apartment building, Vera knew that Robert was waiting in his apartment for their return. Vera led Preston to her apartment and let him get settled in, as soon as Preston's head hit the pillow, he fell asleep. This was Vera's chance to talk to Robert. When Vera got to Robert's apartment, he opened the door before she had the chance to knock.

"Where is he?" Robert asked.

"He is at my place and he is sleeping right now. He doesn't want to see you just yet; maybe tomorrow he will see you."

"Is he alright at least?"

"He will be, he just needs time to heal and some space."

"Ok I get the hint, leave him alone and let him come to me. Well then I'll just let you go and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Ok goodnight Robert."

"Night, Vera." Robert shut the door behind Vera and went to his room. He laid on his bed for what seem like hours before he finally went to sleep.