Full of Bullet Holes

A/N: This chapter ends on page 44 T_T I'm gonna die. At least I know where it's gonna end since the topic is now finished. *Sigh* Only 65 pages left 

44

"Kay," Lavendyr chimed.

 Meow groaned, having heard the sounds, and flinched. She was slowly waking and recognised this sound. Tabby heard it too and came into the room.  Tabby looked straight at Johnathan with a 'what did you do?' look. 

"The balloon," Jonathan pointed at where the balloon previously was. 

Red looked up. "I've come here to learn about power draining, I have a 'condition' my family doesn't have that I'd like to take care of."

 "Do tell." Lavendyr urged her. 

"Power drainage," Red said the simple words, her fingers cringed to it. "My condition isn't common knowledge, however, pretty rare for a demon actually.."

"Do you do it, or is it the other way around?" 

"Vice-versa, it is a stupid condition that happens to un-blessed creatures as early punishment for their future. I've made more problems than any other mortal could make in twelve lifetimes." She said, her hand in a fist now. "It's all just... Sickening..." Red added after a long pause.

"Well, I'm depressed now," Lavendyr remarked. 

"I get that a lot when I tell about myself." She says, crossing her legs.

Tabby glared at Johnathan and gave him a look that said, 'you did what?!' 

 "Well, it was your fault for asking, Lav." Diana pointed out. Lavendyr rolled her eyes. "Yeah whatever."

 "Do you know who does it? How it came about?" Jonathan asked. 

Tabby went over to Meow and put her paw on her leg, claws out. Meow jolted upright and quickly looked around. 

 Meow calmed herself and placed her head on her hand. "I messed up the focus again didn't I?" She muttered. Tabby nodded. Meow sighed and stood up. 

 "You were using a focus?" Diana asked. 

 "I meant that I was focusing my energy, I guess it kinda backfired, though," Meow replied. 

"Ah." 

"But the balloon wasn't caused by you was it?" Jonathan asked. 

Meow sighed again, "I guess it was..."

"I said it before, and I'll say it again. Why a balloon?" Lavendyr asked. 

Meow hesitated, "I'm not exactly sure. I do tend to summon random things when focusing my magic."

Jonathan raised his eyebrows at this but didn't say anything.

"Summon a duck," Lavendyr ordered.

"Why?"

"Just do it." 

A duck appeared in front of Lavendyr but after three seconds it changed to a teddy bear. "Um... weird, that was meant to be a duck". The teddy bear changed to a duck again.

"Okay cool. Just checking." 

Everyone who was in the room sans Meow and Tabby appeared back in the main room. The door to the room locked again. "You wanna help me with a trick I've been working on," Meow said to Tabby. Tabby nodded.

  Woah.." Red murmured as she looked around the room. 

 Lavendyr tried the door. "Crap." She muttered.