Eight

As much as Florence has grown to love Hogwarts she was glad to be returning
home.

"I can't believe it's almost Christmas." Catalina said as they got off the train.

"This year is going fast."

Florence's eyes drifted over to where her parents where standing. Both a large smile on their face.

"I'll see you soon Cat, have a Happy Christmas."

"You too."

Florence raced over to her parents. She collapsed into her mothers waiting arms.

"Florence, how are you?" Allison asked as she pulled away from the hug.

"I'm good." Jonathan bent down and gave his daughter a hug.

"I've missed you." He told her.

"I've missed you too."

"Let's go home, shall we?"

Argo lay sprawled on the couch. He was about to fall asleep when he heard her familiar voice.

"I will not let them foil my plans!" Argo jumped off the couch and stared at the door, his tail wagging. His tail thumped against the couch.

"I'm sure you'll be fine." Allison said as she opened the door. Argo ran and jumped on Florence as she entered the door.

"Argo!" Florence cried. She bent down and wrapped her arms around him.

"I've missed you!" She told the dog. His reply was an attack of kisses on the girls face.

After awhile Florence left for a run. Allison made her dress up warmer than she normally did.

She ran up the hill she always struggled with years ago. At the top there were thick trees and a small pond. Florence sat down my the frozen pond and sighed.

Her first year was flying by. James and Sirius easily winning the title of the Gryffindor's who caused the most trouble. Florence had to step her game up if she wanted to earn that title.

Ever since the first Quidditch match, all Florence wanted to do was play. Only practice she's had was flying lessons. There was only one way to practice.

"I want a broomstick for Christmas." Allison dropped the plate she was holding, causing it to shatter. She quickly cleaned it up.

"Here." Jonathan handed Florence the broom for the closet. Florence dropped it.

"No, a broom I could use for Quidditch."

"Since when have you been interested in Quidditch?" Allison asked, setting a mug of hot chocolate on the counter. Florence walked over and retrieved the hot chocolate.

"Ever since I watched the first Quidditch match. It was just so interesting!"

"What would you want to play?"

"Chaser!"

"Chaser?"

"Chaser." Florence repeated.

"Florence, you could always play another year."

"But it seems so exciting mam!" Allison glanced at her husband.

"We'll see, Florence."

"Now, finish your hot chocolate." Jonathan said.

"Even if I did I'd need time to learn more." She mumbled as she walked
up stairs.

After Florence went to bed Johnathan stayed up to help his wife clean.

"I can get it, just need a flick of my wand and it's done." Allison told him.

"We should talk though."

"Then talk."

"A broomstick."

"Sweetheart, I just said we'll see."

"She really does seem to be interested in it."

"Doesn't surprise me. She loves running, the wind on her face, she adores it. The work she has to put in. Quidditch gives her that and more."

"Should we?"

"I'm not sure. How would we even be able to get it without her knowing?"

"My parents could watch her."

"Your mother hates the thought of magic. While I was pregnant she hoped Florence wouldn't be a witch."

"She's means well Allison, she's still getting used to the idea of magic."

"Very well. I'm not saying we're getting her one. It can be dangerous."

"I'm sorry, did you just say it will be dangerous? Whenever I'm worried you say it's perfectly safe."

"You've never seen a Quidditch match. There's broken bones all the time."

"And from what I've heard it's easily fixed. And how many games did you go to games at Hogwarts?" Allison bit her lip.

"Not a lot, but—"

"Exactly, not a lot. I bet Florence has been to more games than you."

"Alright, fine."

Even though Florence was instructed to go to bed, she didn't. She stayed up and drew a detailed picture of a racing broom. Eventually, the girl fell asleep. The quill still in her hand while her face lay next to the parchment. Her legs hung off the bed.

Allison opened the door a crack and let Argo in. Argo took the opportunity and laid across the pillows.