Seventeen

Florence sat down in the compartment and stretched out on the seat. Catalina looked at her, but didn't say anything.

"I think I'm going to bring Argo with me next year," Florence stated. Catalina raised her eyebrows.

"Argo, as in your dog?"

"That's him."

"And how are you going to do that?"

Florence gave Catalina a look that screamed, "you really think I've figured it out that far?" Catalina understood the messages and nodded.

"Alright, well, I invited Levi to sit with us, so plea—"

"Have you now? Well, then if you'll excuse me I, for some reason, need to find Remus," Florence said as she stood up.

"Florence!" Catalina shouted, but it was too late. Florence found Peter, Sirius, and James, but no Remus.

"Where in Merlin's name is Remus? And how many times have I asked that this year?" She asked, sitting next to Peter. James shrugged.

"We don't know, and too many," he stated. Suddenly, an idea popped in her mind of why Remus was always gone, but she stayed silent.

"So, have a nice first year at Hogwarts boys?" Florence asked.

"Yes, and I don't want to go home," Sirius said. Florence raised an eyebrow.

"Loved it that much?" She stated. Sirius shook his head.

"No, my parents are just terrible," he stated.

"Oh," she muttered, "I see."

When they arrived at the platform, Florence smiled when she spotted her parents. Allison waved at the young girl. Florence ran over and gave her parents a hug.

"Florence! How was your first year at Hogwarts?" Allison asked.

"It was great!" Florence cried.

"Quidditch next year?"

"Most definitely."

"Made friends?" Jonathan asked. Florence scoffed.

"Of course I did," she stated proudly.

"Well good, now come on, Argo is dying to see you."

• • •

Anna stepped off the train as she looked for her mother. Ben came up behind her.

"You off, Anna?" He asked.

"Have people to see and places to go," she stated.

"Mm, I'm sure you do. Well, I'll see you next year," Ben said, walking away.

"Goodbye, Benjamin." Finally, Anna spotted her mother. She smiled and ran over to her mother.

"Anna! How was your year?" Jacqueline asked. Anna chuckled.

"Amazing! I've become friends with this first year, Florence. Interesting girl," Anna explained. Jacqueline smiled.

"I see. Well, we better get going. Emily is here."

"Only because it's been a year since dad died," Anna stated.

"Enough, Anna!"

Anna wasn't wrong though. Emily graduated Hogwarts and immediately became busy with a job as an Unspeakable. She was quickly becoming higher ranks at only the age of 19. However, only weeks after the eldest Douglas has graduated, Owen Douglas was killed in an accident. Anna and Emily had amazing relationships with their father, and it was all ruined.

The family dealt with their grief in different ways. Jacqueline didn't smile as much as she used to. Her temper shortened and money has become tight. Emily shut herself away from her sister and mother. She rarely left work and didn't talk to them as much. Anna didn't let the grief change her. She shut it all away and did her best to move on. They choices may not have been the best.

* * *

Anna entered the home and smiled at her sister. Emily walked over and embraced her sibling.

"You cut your hair," Anna noted. Emily's dark brown hair had been chopped to her shoulders. Emily smiled and tucked it behind her ears.

"I did," she stated.

"Alright girls, since your both here you can help me with dinner," Jacqueline stated, walking towards the kitchen. Anna glanced at her sister. Emily simply gave the girl a small smile.

* * *

Ben set down his fork and looked at his parents. Allen Kellner glanced at his son. He then glanced at his wife.

"Benjamin, are you going to eat?" Allen asked.

"I'm going to play Quidditch next year!" Ben proclaimed. Baylee Kellner chuckled.

"You say that every year dear, but you always miss tryouts," she said. Ben crossed his arms.

"Yes, I know! But this year I'm not going to! Florence assured me that." Baylee and Allen glanced at each other.

"Florence, huh?" Allen began. "Is this the new girl you fancy?"

"What! No! She's a first year and she's just a friend! More like a sister than anything else!" Ben stated.

"Still fancy the Douglas girl?" Baylee asked as she placed her plate in the sink.

"Yes, and I think she's starting to warm up to me!" Ben announced. Allen laughed.

"If you say so!"