Fifteen

Florence walked around without an idea of where she was. She hadn't been to this part of the castle and she certainly didn't know how she got down there.

"You must be lost?" A voice asked. Florence spun around to see who asked. A Hufflepuff girl stood there, a smile on her face as looked at Florence. She stood with her arms crossed as her green eyes analyzed the Gryffindor. Had black hair falling with waves to her shoulders.

"Yeah, just a little." Florence replied.

"Follow me." The girl spun around and began to walk the other way. Florence ran up next to her as the two walked.

"I haven't seen you around." Florence said. The girl smiled for a moment.

"Naomi Phillips, Hufflepuff as I'm sure you saw."

"Florence Anderson, Gryffindor as I'm sure you saw." The girl smiled.

"I've seen you running in the morning."

"You have?"

"I get up early."

"Oh, why do you get up early?" The girl, Naomi, shrugged.

"I just have always been an early riser."

"That's neat."

"I guess. Ah, here we are. I hope you can find your way from here. I have a Potions class to get to." Naomi smiled and walked away.

"Who was that?" Florence shrieked and almost punched the person.

"Merlin, you don't just sneak up on people like that!" She cried.

"Sorry."

"It's fine, Peter. Now come on, we have Transfiguration to attend." Florence said. Her and Peter made their way to the classroom.

"You never answered my question." Peter stated.

"Sorry, I was too busy trying not to have a heart attack."

"Funny."

"I know right?"

"So, who was it."

"Naomi Phillips, she's a Hufflepuff." Peter pressed his lips together.

"She seems familiar."

"Do you know her?"

"I might've talked to her at the sorting. I don't remember every detail." Florence shrugged.

"She seems nice. Alright Peter, let's go turn things into other things!"

• • •

The next morning Florence walked outside. The air was warmer as summer approached. Florence quickly stretched and tightened her ponytail. The girl broke out into a jog. Her mind buzzed with thoughts. She tried to shut it up, but her brain just wouldn't stop. Florence stopped by the Quidditch Pitch and smiled.

"Soon." She told herself. Soon she would be on the Quidditch pitch playing as a chaser. Florence would make sure Ben Kellner made it to tryouts this time. As Florence ran she got the longing to run with Argo. The two almost always ran together and now he wasn't here.

"Next year, I'll transform him into a cat. Then bring him here." Florence told herself with a smile. She wouldn't let Argo stay at home another year.

• • •

Catalina found herself up earlier than normal. She decided to just get ready and go down for breakfast. As she walked she spotted another kid walking down the corridor. She took a deep breath and called the kids name.

"Levi!" She shouted. The Ravenclaw turned around.

"Hey." He shouted back with a smile. He waited until Catalina caught up with him to continue walking.

"Where you heading?" Catalina asked.

"Great Hall."

"Well, hope I you don't mind if I join you." Catalina said. Levi smiled.

"Not at all." Her told her. Catalina sighed with relief.

"Good because if would be really awkward if you minded." Levi chuckled.

"So, do you have any siblings?" Catalina asked, desperate to make conversation.

"An older brother, he's in is fourth year. What about you?" Catalina shook her head.

"Only child."

"I see. Do your parents both have magical blood?" A dark look cast over her face.

"Yes, they both do." She grumbled. Levi furrowed his eyebrows.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"My parents aren't a subject I like to talk about." Catalina snapped. Levi pursed his lips together and nodded.

"I see, sorry for bringing it up."

"Don't apologize, you didn't know." Levi quickly changed the subject.

"I'm guessing your favorite color is purple?" He assumed, looking at her hair. The two walked into the Great Hall.

"I do, yeah. Well, I'll see you later, Levi." Catalina said.

"Yeah, later." Catalina sat next to Florence at the Gryffindor table.

"What was that about?" Florence asked, setting down her piece of toast.

"What was what about?" Catalina asked as she put food on her plate. Florence said nothing, just let out a weird sort of giggle.