Chapter 3

EDITED - 10/22/18

_______________________________________________

'If you only knew 

how much those little moments with you 

mattered to me.' 

- Unknown

_______________________________________________

YVANNA

  I watch as Simon looks around in astonishment and in fear. "You know what, I'll head to my room. I realized I need to organize something." I say before patting Alec's shoulder. He nods before looking at the entrance and eyes Jace. I force a smile before heading to my room. I know that I can never compete with my brother.

  Unwanted tears start to fall as I reach my room. I wipe them away angrily before entering my room. "Why is this so hard?" I ask myself angrily before turning slumping down my bedroom door. I pull my feet towards me and rest my chin on my arms. I look around my room and I remember that night.

  He came to me, not to Izzy nor to Jace but to me. Yes I admit that we're best friends and Izzy's right, I have been avoiding him. I just want to forget about him and move on. It's been ten years of unrequited love. I've realized that I've been waiting for Alec to return that love for over a decade.

  When I think about it, I feel so stupid. I start to cry again before standing up and heading towards my bed. I lay down before taking in a deep breath. I'll never be his because I can never compete with my brother. I guess this has been my first ever competition with Jace since we never competed each other in anything.

  I bet Jace doesn't even know Alec has feelings for him. I let out another sigh, I feel so stupid. I look up at my ceiling blankly, trying to contemplate on what to do. I stand up once more before sitting behind my bedroom door. I pull my knees towards me and rest my head on my arms.

  Unwanted tears fall once more. 

---

ALEC

  I watch Yvanna's retreating figure with furrowed eyebrows. I don't know why but I feel something off about her. I'm about to follow her before I notice Jace with the red-headed girl and a guy with glasses. "What's going on? Why is there a mundane in the Institute?" I ask angrily while walking towards my parabatai.

  I have to admit, even though he's my parabatai I won't tolerate any of his shenanigans. "A Circle member followed him to get to Clary." He explains and I raise an eyebrow at him. "A Circle rune; just like the guys who took my mother." The girl says, I discreetly roll my eyes at her answer. Just a few hours in and she thinks she knows a lot about our world.

  She's been living as a mundane her whole life, she doesn't have the right to speak as if she's a Shadowhunter. "What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" The guy beside Clary asks. Who is this guy anyway? "All we know is a long time ago, the Circle led a revolt. A lot of Shadowhunters got killed, including my father." Jace explains and I cross my arms in front of me.

  Jace must be serious about this, he wouldn't be talking about his father to just no one. "And since the revolt, we've been forbidden to even hear about the Circle." I continue and Clary looks at me in shock. "But how is that even possible? It's your history." She says and I roll my eyes. Talking about the Circle is a forbidden topic.