Chapter 8

EDITED - 11/08/18

____________________________________________________

  'You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep 

because reality is finally better than your dreams.' 

- Dr. Seuss

____________________________________________________  

New York Institute; Evening of August 27, 2016

YVANNA

  He brings me to my room hand-in hand. "I really hoped you didn't regret any of this." He says and I give him a small kiss on the cheek. "As I've said earlier, I don't regret anything." I say and he smiles widely. He places a kiss on top of my head before resting his forehead on mine. "Good night." He mutters, his warm breath fanning me.

  A small blush creeps up my cheeks. "Good night." I mutter before he leaves. He heads towards his room and looks at me before entering. I let out a small happy sigh before turning the door to see Izzy sitting on the edge of my bed anxiously. "So?" She asks with a huge smile on her face.

  I chuckle lightly before closing the door behind me. "How'd it go?' She asks as I take a seat next to her. "I'd never thought I would go on a date with Alec." I say as I feel my heart beat fast. She squeals happily and my eyes widen at her. It's almost eleven in the evening and I know there are people who are still asleep.

  I let her relax before she speaks up. "I've been rooting for you two for so long!" She states and I tuck a stray hair behind my ear. "I'm happy for the both of you, I'm sure Viv is too." She says and I realize that my brother doesn't even know I went on a date with his parabatai.

  Izzy looks at me curiously before forming an 'o' with her mouth. "I'm sure he'll be happy for you too." She says while holding both of my hands. I nod before letting out a sigh. "Hey, you had a fun night! Don't let your thoughts about your brother ruin it." She says and I nod before looking back at her.

  She's right, I had a wonderful time with Alec and thinking about my brother's reaction might just ruin it. "I'll leave you to rest." She says before standing up. She pads her way towards the door. "I'm really am happy for you and Alec. Thank you for making him happy." She says with a small smile before walking out of my room.

  I pad towards my closet before removing the dress. I choose a grey tank top and black shorts before I hear a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I ask before wearing the clothes I chose. "It's Alec." He says as I hang the dress up in the closet. "It's open." I say before heading towards the bed as he enters my room.

  He gives me a small smile before closing the door behind him. "Still not asleep?" He asks before sitting down beside me. "I couldn't, Izzy was waiting for me here." I explain and he chuckles lightly. He suddenly holds my hand and I look at him with a small smile. "I really had a wonderful time with you earlier Alec." I say and he chuckles a little.

  I know Alec and he rarely laughs, but I notice when he's with me – it's common. "You do know this is my first time." He says before looking at me. "Well, I'm honored." I say before squeezing his hand in mine. He leans forward, our lips merely touching. I can feel the movement of his lips turn into a smile before he presses them on mine.

  He places a hand around me before pulling me closer to him. Both of my hands are pressed on his chests as I feel his grip tighten around me. He starts to trail kisses down to my jaw before sucking on my sweet spot on my neck. "Alec I..." I moan quietly as he lifts me up before placing me down on his lap.