Chapter 9

EDITED - 11/12/18

_________________________________________________________

'God gave us everything in pairs- two hands, two eyes, two ears...

But why only one heart? 

Because He gave another to someone else for us to go find.' 

Unknown

_________________________________________________________  

Hardtail, Evening of August 27, 2016

YVANNA

  We arrive just outside the club called Hardtail. To be honest, I like Pandemonium more than this. "All clear." Alec suddenly says before standing beside me. We're in line just to enter the club, it's not usually my style but it's the rules. "Do you think red's my color?" My parabatai asks while looking down at the necklace.

  I really want to know why the necklace is in the training room floor and not in Viv's room. "Iz, with a body like yours, everything's your color." Clary compliments and Izzy smiles. "Good point. Damn, I make this necklace look so good." She sighs while touching the pendant of the necklace.

  I see Alec roll his eyes beside me. "Will you take it off? I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange." He says before holding my hand. We're at back of the group so we're fine. "You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." She says and I chuckle quietly.

  Alec rolls his eyes again. "Can you just give it to Jace?" He asks before Izzy removes the necklace. "You're such a buzzkill." She says before handing the necklace to my brother. We finally reach the start of the line before entering. I have to admit, it's pretty wild in here. Sweaty bodies are grinding onto one another.

  It's not my usual sight but this is a club. "Blend in, keep your weapons ready." Jace says and we start to spread out. Alec leads me to the second floor of the club while we look for anything suspicious. "Any sign of him?" He asks while I look for a man with tons of eyeliner and full of glitter.

  He's too old for glitter, but I guess he loves them. "I think so." I mutter before finally seeing Jace and Clary heading over to Magnus Bane. "I see them." I say while looking at Alec who nods. We suddenly see a man suspiciously looking over the three. Alec readies his bow to fire, I hold up my hand to stop him.

  Once the man inches closer – giving a good angle, I signal Alec to fire. "Look out!" I hear Izzy yells as the arrow soars through the club and into the man's chest. We rush down before rushing towards the group. "Who are you?" Magnus asks as Alec kneels down to inspect the man.

  I discreetly raise an eyebrow at Magnus who notices. I notice a portal behind him, he was ready to leave. "Magnus wait, you're my only hope." Clary says as Magnus starts walking towards the portal. "Valentine found us, I warned your mother this might happen." He explains while looking around.

  This may be a bustling club but we'll never know if there are many more Shadowhunters. "Wait... " Clary says just as he disappears into the portal. "The area's secure, looks like he was the only assassin." Izzy reports while walking towards us. I walk towards the dead man to notice the bright Circle rune on his neck.

  I crouch down to inspect him and feel a heavy object. I pull it out to see it's a seraph dagger. "He has a Circle rune on the base of his neck." Alec says before I stand up. "They found us, it's not safe here. Clary we have to go." Jace calls as I walk past them and out of the club.