Chapter 7

EDITED - 10/29/18

_________________________________________  

'I want to be the girl who makes your bad days better 

and the one that make you say, 

"My life has changed since I met her." 

- Unknown

_________________________________________  

Hotel Dumont, Brooklyn; August 26, 2016

YVANNA

  The silence between Alec and I was calming, we didn't speak to each other but it felt very comfortable. I thought that after what happened, things would change but I'm glad it didn't. We reach the service entrance before entering. There's a flight of stairs in front of us, Alec motions for me to go up first and he follows.

  When we reach the top, I grab my stele and run it over my Nyx rune. "Izzy, I got your text." He says and we see Izzy walking towards us. "Where are we exactly?" I ask, pretending to be completely oblivious about my surroundings, earning a discreet smirk from Izzy. I couldn't tell Alec and Jace about my past relationship with a vampire.

  They would freak out. "It's an old meatpacker's service entrance. If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel Dumort, perfect right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon." She explains and I smile. "Good job Iz." I compliment, earning a smile from her.

  I look at Alec who has a serious expression on his face. "Okay." He simply says. "Okay? It was hard interrogating Meliorn to get this intel." She explains while we head towards one of the ladders that has a ray of light coming from above. "Great job Izzy, you have faerie dust on your dress." He says calmly before walking ahead.

  I help Iz remove the faerie dust on her dress. "Don't mind him Iz, you did a great job." I say and she thanks me silently. "And I hate being the distraction." Alec says as we continue on further. "I don't. You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed." She says and he sighs.

  He ignores her as she calls out his name. "You're really not gonna talk to me, are you?" She asks when she notices that her brother is ignoring her. "That's because you have no idea what you're talking about." He says in irritation. "But I do." She says before eyeing me and looking back at her brother.

   I wonder what that means. "You're hiding from yourself, not me. You have feelings, whether you like 'em or not Alec." She says as we reach the ladder. "This is not the time or the place Izzy." He says before grabbing a step of the ladder. "I don't know, looks pretty smooth so far." She says, he shakes his head before climbing up.

  Izzy looks at me with a smile on her face. "Let's go Iz." I say before grabbing a step and start climbing. "How long has it been since you saw Santiago?" She asks and I stop climbing before looking down at her. "Isabelle, we'll talk about this later." I say seriously before climbing up the stairs.

  I let out a sigh when I land carefully, I help Izzy and we walk towards a metal door. "This must be the way." She says as she holds the doorknob before turning it. The vampires turn and see us. We quickly lean against the door as I feel the vampires trying to break free of the door. "Well, not that smooth." She mutters as Alec gets his stele.