Chapter 12

EDITED - 01/04/19

___________________________________________

  'There is no love without forgiveness, 

and there is no forgiveness without love.'

  - Bryant H. McGill

___________________________________________  

New York Institute; Evening of August 28, 2016

YVANNA

  I let out a sigh before walking towards my closet to change. I grab a black sweater and a pair of jeans before changing into it. I look at myself in the mirror, what am I thinking? I shouldn't be this miserable over a fight with Jace, I've been in countless of fights with him this is nothing.

  I shouldn't be crying over spilt milk, this is just pathetic of me. I wipe any dried tears before hearing my phone ring on the bedside table. I pad over softly before looking at the name flashing on my screen. Well, it's been awhile since I last spoke to her, I accept the call before padding towards the large stained window. "It's been a while." I say with a small smile.

  I can't recall the last time I saw or even spoke to her. "It really is been awhile Van, how are you?" She asks and I let out a long sigh. "Just some problems with Jace, nothing I can't get over." I explain, I am quite used to Jace's reckless behavior. I shouldn't even be shocked if he chooses her over his own family.

  Maybe our pact will break soon. "I've heard you've been helping a certain Morgenstern." She explains and I walk towards my bed before sitting down on it. "And there's another problem, that Morgenstern girl is a pain in the ass if you ask me." I state before rubbing the bridge of my nose with my free hand.

  She lets out a light chuckle. "I'm glad we're on the same page Van, her name keeps on popping up in every report we have on the New York Institute." She explains before letting out a sigh. "It has to stop, I'm getting tired of seeing Clarissa Morgenstern's name on my desk every time I arrive at work." She explains and I sigh, we really are on the same page.

  I think those reports will never stop as long as Clary's in the Institute. "The reason I called Van is because of the incidents happening in the New York Institute, especially about meddling in Downworlder business." She explains and I plop myself down on the bed. "Then why are you telling me this?" I ask curiously.

  If she's going to visit, she would at least make it a surprise. "You're the only one I can trust with this information Yvanna. I'm going to the New York Institute as an envoy for the Clave." She explains and my eyes widen. Are the reports really that bad? If it weren't Clary, none of this would have happened. It's because of that girl, the Institute's in trouble.

  When will she leave? When she finally finds her mother? I hope we find her mother soon so that she can leave. "If it weren't for that Morgenstern, none of this would have happened." I mutter angrily. "Well, her name is not the only one popping up in reports here in Idris, Van." She explains and I let out a sigh.

  I know perfectly well whose name is on those reports. "My brother." I say before sitting up straight. "I'm afraid so." She says and I let out a frustrated sigh. "Anyway Van, it was nice hearing from you. I'll see you soon I guess." She says calmly and I close my eyes tightly to calm myself down.