Chapter 4

EDITED - 10/24/18

______________________________

'Since I met you, no one else 

is worth thinking about.

Unknown

______________________________

YVANNA

  As I walk up the steps of the training room, I hear my brother's voice. "No Izzy." My brother says while putting the seraph blade Izzy was holding back in the rack. She suddenly turns around to see me. "Where have you been?" She asks in worry as I walk towards her. "Just resting." I explain with a small smile.

  She squeezes my shoulders before heading back to the weapons racks. "Fifty bucks say he doesn't approve of this mission." She says and I chuckle knowing that she's right. "I don't approve of this mission." Speaking of the devil. "I spoke with the Clave, they're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear that the little girl does not leave the premises." He explains while walking towards us.

  I see Clary's eyes flare up in anger. "Hey my name is not "little girl", okay? I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot." She says with so much certainty. My eyebrows suddenly furrow, who's Dot? "Alec, this warlock could have answers we need. With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary, she's not safe outside alone." My brother defends and I raise an eyebrow at him.

  He looks at me for support but I shake my head. "Jace has a point." My parabatai speaks up and I remain quiet. "Et tu, Izzy?" Alec asks in irritation. "Alright, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?" He asks while controlling his anger in front of her.

  We all look at her curiously as to where we could start the search. "We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint, and there's this thrift store that she-" she cuts herself off but gasping. She holds onto her purple pendant that starts to glow. I look at the pendant curiously, I've never seen anything like that before.

  We wait patiently for her. "What's wrong? What is it?" Jace asks, his voice full of concern for the red-headed girl. "Weirdly, I think I know where Dot is." She mutters and the mundane – named Simon – smiles. I swear he acts so jolly and innocent, this type of world don't deserve that kind of people.

  Izzy suddenly looks between me and Simon. "By the way Simon, this is Yvanna." She introduces. He smiles and extends his hand out but I just nod at him politely. He gives me a polite smile before putting his hand down. "Great then, I'll drive." He says while looking around. We all look at him curiously, when does he think he can be a apart of Shadowhunter business?

  He takes in our silence. "What? Unless you have a Shadowhunter-mobile or something." He states as I raise an eyebrow at him. He suddenly looks down at the floor before looking back at my brother. "Wait, you were kidding about the runes on the floor killing me right?" He asks and I chuckle lightly, he is so gullible.

  I look at Jace who just shrugs. "Possibly." He says before he heads down the steps. "Wait, am I gonna die?" The mundane asks again, the three of us; Izzy, Alec and I smirk before following my brother. My brother did a very good job on scaring that mundane since he shouldn't even be inside the Institute in the first place.

  We head towards a yellow van that's parked just right outside the Institute. We all pile in; Simon and Clary at the front, Izzy and Alec at the back and Jace and I behind them. From the looks of it, this is going to be a long night.