Chapter 16

EDITED - 01/12/19

_________________________________________________________

'I love you, 

you were there for me, 

you protected me, 

and most of all you loved me. 

We'd fight, scream and argue but under it all is love,

a love that only exists in a brother and a sister.' 

- Unknown

_________________________________________________________  

ISABELLE

  I do hope that Alec has talked some sense into Jace. "I hope he comes to his senses." My brother mutters angrily while looking at his phone before his eyebrows furrowed. "What is it big bro?" I ask but he heads down the stairs with my in pursuit. "I have something you need to see." He says before showing us a picture of a forsaken on the screen.

  A forsaken attack here in New York? "Something attacked the Jade Wolf." My brother starts explaining. "The werewolves' hangout, where did you-"

  "Where did you get these?" Lydia asks while cutting mother off. "Leader of the New York Pack." Alec explains and Lydia gives him a discreet shocked look. "You're friends with Lucian Graymark? An ex-Circle member?" She asks him. From what I saw earlier, she seems to know Yvanna but Yvanna has never told us about Lydia.

  If my parabatai knows, maybe Jace knows? "How about we send Isabelle and Alec to investigate? I am sure this is linked to-"

  "Valentine, I need to see it for myself." Lydia says and starts walking away. She suddenly turns around and looks at Alec. "Are you coming or what?" She asks before Alec follows her. "Isabelle, where's Yvanna?" Mother suddenly asks with her arms crossed. I let out a sigh before explaining everything.

  She lets out a disappointed sigh before placing a hand on my shoulder. "Go and be there for her, she badly needs it." She states before walking away. I let out a confidant sigh before heading towards Yvanna's room. I knock on the door twice before entering to see no sign of her. If she isn't in her room, where is she?

  I know that Alec wouldn't leave Yvanna just anywhere at this state especially since her brother has broken a lot of promises to her. I decide to go to Alec's room and knock on it before entering to see Yvanna's sleeping figure with her back facing the door. I decide to leave her be to not disturb her sleep.

  Jace and Yvanna are one of the strongest known pairs of Shadowhunters in the Shadow World, they are feared by many just by the mention of their names. They are the best of the best, the Institute's best soldiers and the Clave's best warriors. They are unstoppable and have been ever since they turned eight.

  When I was eight, I would hear stories about them. Our parents would push us to the edge to be at least like them, look where it turned out. Two years later, they arrived and I could see how Yvanna was scared to be with anyone except her brother. Her brother that's hurting her ten years after.

  They were inseparable, nothing could tear them apart until Clary came. I'm okay with her but she's placed a wedge between them and driven them apart. Now, the best pairs are now the best individuals. They were deadly together, nothing could go past them. They didn't choose to be each other's parabatai because in their hearts, they were already parabatai.