Chapter 1

Dakota's POV:
1989
That fateful day. When Sam's father went missing. Kevin Flynn. The CEO of ENCOM. "I've been working on the grid children. It's going to be great." Kevin said to all of us kids. James and Sam were the oldest and understood it the most. Especially Sam since it was his father. James was the older brother of my best friend Hanaa.

I looked to my older brother David

I looked to my older brother David. He was 5 and didn't understand it much. I was 3. I barely remember that fateful day. Only that it happened in 1989 and that's it. But Sam has it the worst.

2010
20 years later
Sam is now 27 years old now. He is the biggest shareholder to ENCOM. I looked to Hanaa who was on the motorcycle next to me. She sped up closer to Sam and I did the same.

We weaved in and out of lanes and around the cars

We weaved in and out of lanes and around the cars. Before I knew it we had a cop on us. Sam turned around and signaled us to speed up. As we made a shortcut on an off ramp we lost him. We arrived at the ENCOM building and Sam pulled his helmet off with a smirk.

Hanaa did the same and she said "let's do this

Hanaa did the same and she said "let's do this." Sam nodded and I pulled my helmet off. My curly hair sprung out from under it and I looked to Sam. "Does your brother know you're doing this?" Sam asked me while smirking. "No he doesn't but he's doing his own thing." I replied. Hanaa snickered and I said "he doesn't tell me much any longer." Sam nodded and we made our way into the building. "Ok so there's gonna be a camera up here. I'm gonna mess with it using this." Sam pulled out a green laser light. "I'll go first." Hanaa said. Sam aimed the laser light at the camera and Hanaa ran up the stairs. She hid behind the wall and made sure she wasn't seen. Sam nodded for me to go and I ran up the stairs as well. Hanaa moved over so I could hide behind the wall. Sam finally made it to where we were and we began to sneak down the hallway. We had to pass a room full of buissiness men very carefully. "Sam what exactly are we doing here?" Hanaa asked as we walked into the control room. "Sharing the software with everyone for free. Nobody deserves to pay for this." Sam replied as he changed different wires and things. I was taking watch duty and I saw a security guard. "Sam! Guard!" I said. I hid behind one of the control panels and covered my mouth. I heard shuffling and knew it was probably Sam or Hanaa. I heard the footsteps move away from me and I took a breath of relief and Hanaa ran out of the room along with Sam, who grabbed my wrist. We headed up to the room and Sam stood on the edge. "What's the plan?" Hanaa asked out of breath. "Remember when I told you to back the parachutes?" Sam asked. Hanaa and I looked at each other and said "yeah." Sam said "we're jumping off of here." "Oh no." I said to him. Sam smirked and my eyes widened as the guard made his way closer to us. "Do you know who this company belongs to?" Sam asked. The guard shrugged and said "I don't know. Some kid?" Sam bowed and the guard said "you're Sam Flynn?" Sam nodded and began to get ready to jump. "Follow me." He said softly. Sam went and Hanaa did the same. I followed and pulled my chute and tried to make it to the ground as Sam landed on a taxi. I landed in the middle of the street and a car was heading for me. I rolled out of the way and landed on the sidewalk. I panted and watched Sam ride the taxi down the road.

Next thing I knew they were arresting Sam and Hanaa

Next thing I knew they were arresting Sam and Hanaa. They found me and arrested me as well. As I rode in the cop car and I sighed obnoxiously. "Great to see you too Rice." The cop said. "You're so annoying. Why do you always arrest me. Send your friend next time." I said while rolling my eyes. We weren't in the station for more than an hour and we were bailed out. Sam walked with Alan and I sighed as my brother looked at me. "Not again." He said as he looked down and shook his head.

He sighed and I said "hey Dave

He sighed and I said "hey Dave." David scolded me and I looked down like a puppy when it's sad. "Come on." David said. I got into his car and he looked at me and I said "I'm sorry. I had to help Sam." "It's always I had to help Sam. Every time Dakota." David said. I looked to the mirror to check my mascara and sighed. It was 10 minutes of silence and I leaned my head against the window. "What'd you score?" I asked. David looked at me and said "more cash. Why?" "I figured you had jumped to a new place." I replied. David Rice. Sound familiar? He's a jumper. He can teleport anywhere he wants. He makes a job out of it by robbing banks and people. I got a text from Sam and it said

Meet me at the arcade. Alan got a page.

"Hey David? Can you drop me off at the arcade?" I asked. David huffed and said "come on Dakota. You just got out of jail." "He got a page. He thinks it might be related to his dad." I said. David almost hit the car in front of us and slammed on the brakes. David nodded and we headed to the arcade. I looked to see Hanna and James there as well. Sam stood outside and said "come with me." We all nodded and he opened the doors and turned on the lights and arcade games. The games blipped and beeped and it turned into a colorful environment. Separate Ways by Journey blasted throughout the arcade and I looked around at everything. David stared at the games and James said "these games are ancient." "Not as ancient as you!" Hanaa said while laughing. James pouted and said "leave me alone." Hanaa kissed her older brother's cheek and I giggled. Sam headed up into the office and came back down. He noticed something with the Tron video game. I looked at it and said "can't believe you're dad created that." Sam kinda smiled while looking down at the screen. He looked closer to the floor and noticed scratch marks. He pushed on the game, causing it to reveal a secret room. We all looked at each other before Sam went down. This was not going to go well.

Hey guys! It's skylarstyles56 and this is the first chapter I've written!! I hope you guys like this. kw-2187 is going to take over the next chapter! It's gonna be great!!
~Skylar🖖🏽💙💚❄