Chapter 3- Remembering the Good & All's Fair in Love and War

Emery's POV
Zoey and I walked into her house and are immediately greeted by her parents. They are so warm and caring. Why did my parents have to stop being like this? I miss them, well old them.

Okay, I'm going to try to make this just like old times. I'm going to pretend nothing's wrong. At least I have Zoey to help me cope.

We go into the kitchen to find Ricky.

"Hey bro!" He says to me giving me a bro hug.
"Z, you had me worried sick. You were gone for so long." He then says giving Zoey a hug. Ricky is one of those overprotective brothers, but to be honest, when it comes to Zoey, I'm overprotective too.
"You don't have to worry about me, Ricky. I am 17 years old and actually more responsible than you." Zoey says to Ricky.

I break out laughing. That is ridiculous. Zoey, the girl who constantly loses her phone in her own bedroom, says that she is responsible.

"Em! You're suppose to be on my side!" Zoey whisper yells at me, while slapping my arm playfully.
"Sorry, Z, but you are nowhere near responsible." I say putting my arm around her.
"Okay, if you two are done with your little 'moment', I think it's time to eat." Ricky says, using air quotes when saying "moment".

Zoey takes my arm off of her and goes to sit down for dinner. I sit next to her and look down at her, awe she's blushing. It's cute on her.

I decided to play with her a bit, so I reach down to her lap and hold her hand. She looks at our hands then back up to me with a confused expression. I place a kiss on her temple. Then I let go of her hand and eat the dinner that Mrs. Garcia made for us, pretending nothing just happened.

Zoey's POV
3 words
WHAT
THE
HELL
Seriously, what the hell did Emery just do? Why did he do that? I am so damn confused right now.

The boy who is having major problems at home right now is toying with my emotions and I don't particularly like it.

WAIT! That's what he's doing!

When we were in about seventh grade, he started to play with my emotions, just for his own enjoyment. Then, I kept playing with his to get him back. It's kind of a game we play. Well then, let the games begin Em. You have no idea what's coming.

I finished my food before Emery was done so I just sat back and contemplated my next move. Then, I slip my hand under the table and place it on his thigh.

He choked, literally choked.
I just started bawling out laughing.
Ricky, who is on the other side of the table, unaware of the situation, says, "You okay, bro?"
"Yea, just peachy." Emery remarks after regaining his ability to talk without food stuck in his throat. He then turns his head to me with a questioning look.

Ricky gets up to clean his plate and pack up the left overs.

I lean in and say, "Let the games begin." To Emery.
I then pick up my plate and do the same as Ricky, leaving Emery sitting there speechless.

Emery's POV
SHIT
I'M IN SOME DEEP SHIT
Well, if a battle is what she wants, it's a battle she's gonna get.

I get up and walk over to where she is washing her plate. I stand directly behind her and put my arms around her, washing mine as well.

People would usually think this is flirting, but with us it's normal. We've always been so close. She makes me forget the bad and remember the good. We've played with each other like this for a long time. It's just something fun for us to do.

As soon as I stand behind her, she becomes instantly stiff. Then she tries to relax, showing she doesn't mind.

She then picks up the faucet, turns around, and starts spraying me with it. Zoey then turns to Ricky and starts spraying him with it.

"Oh, you're on!" He screams and grabs the whipped cream from the fridge. He starts spraying the both of us with it.

Feeling helpless, I grab the faucet from Zoey and spray her and Ricky with it.

"Kids! What are you doing?" says Mrs. Garcia half screaming, half laughing because first off she's pretty cool and second off because Ricky and I are pretty much soaking her daughter in water and whipped cream.

We stop what we're doing and start to clean up, all saying "sorry," but still laughing.

Zoey then pulls me in close by my collar, and says something only I could hear, "I'm so getting you back for this, Kelly."
"If you could, you would, Garcia, but you can't."
She stares at me for a few seconds unsure of what to say.
I interrupt her thoughts and say, "You know what they say, all's fair in love and war."
She pushes me away and goes upstairs to change into her pajamas.

Chapter 3 Author's Note:
Okay, so for this chapter I just wanted to make it showing them having fun and Zoey helping Emery forget the bad and remember the good. The next few chapters after chapter 4 will probably be more emotional. Chapter 4 will probably be fun, cute, and emotional at times. Thanks so much for reading. Please comment and vote.