Chapter 16- Perks Of Being Grounded

•two days later•

Zoey's POV
This sucks. No TV, no hanging out with anyone, and worst of all no Emery.
Though, I can text him. Our phones are the one thing my parents don't take away while we're grounded.

I decide to take out my phone and text him.

Text conversation: (italics: Zoey's thoughts/ narration)
Me: Heyyyyyyyyyyyy
Emerykat : Hey! How's the grounded life treating you?
Me: Sucky
Emerykat : I'm sorry babe

I'm actually dead. Babe, he called me babe. Emery Thomas Mikael Kelly just called me his babe.

Me: It's ok <3
Me: How's ur house?
Emerykat : It's okay. I mean, the only time my parents are together now is from around 8pm to 7am. And they don't even talk that much anymore, so at least the screaming has stopped. For now.
Me: I'm glad it's calmer. I hate seeing you sad.
Emerykat : Me too and btw thanks for everything you've done for me since you've found out. I can't explain how grateful I am.
Me: You know I'd do anything for you. It's no big deal.
Emerykat : No, Z it is a big deal. I wouldn't be able to get through this without you.
Emerykat : I need you.
Emerykat : I'll always need you.
Me: And I'll always need you.
Me: Forever.
Emerykat : Forever.
Me: <3
Me: So what're you doing now?
Emerykat : Writing a song
Emerykat : Shit! I didn't mean to say that.
Me: You're writing another song!!!!!!!!!
Me: It's been too long Em!
Emerykat : This is why I didn't want to tell you. I knew you would freak out over nothing.
Me: Emery, this isn't nothing. You're such a great writer. You should really show these to someone besides me.
Emerykat : If you weren't so nosey and hadn't read my personal notebook, then I wouldn't have told you, and we wouldn't have this problem in the first place.

Okay, I know what you're probably saying to yourself. You're probably saying something like, 'What the hell are they talking about?' Well, a few years ago, when we were in seventh grade, I went to Emery's house to hang out. We were just goofing around for a while, and he pushed me off the bed. Under his bed, I found a notebook. I opened it and read the songs he wrote inside of it. Emery was infuriated and embarrassed of what I had found. He told me that sometimes he feels something so strong that he has to express it somehow. The last time he wrote a song was in ninth grade. I've been begging him to write more, but he tells me that if anyone else found out about it he would be made fun of. And he doesn't think he can handle that.

Me: It's really your fault that happened. I mean, under your bed really isn't a good hiding spot, and you were the one who pushed me off the bed, which led to me finding it.
Emerykat : Ugh, whatever. But you're not hearing anymore about this song.
Me: Why not? Will you at least tell me what it's about?
Emerykat : Because it's personal. And maybe I'll tell you in the future, but not now. I'll only tell you one thing about it; it's about my heart.
Me: Em, I'm the closest person to you and you won't tell me something that's "personal" ?
Me: Aweee it's about your heart! You're killing me.
Emerykat : You know that's not why I'm not telling you. There are just some things that I need to keep to myself.
Me: Fine, but you better tell me soon.
Emerykat : Good things come to those who wait, babygirl.

There's only one word that can describe me right now... wet, very very wet.

Me: You really shouldn't treat me like that daddy.