Chapter 6- Fun But Not Too Much Fun & Aching for Her

Emery's POV
About a half hour later, we are both dressed and head downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning Mrs. Garcia." I said as Zoey and I sit down at the table.
"Where are Ricky and Dad?" Zoey asks.
"They went out golfing. Didn't Ricky tell you yesterday?" Mrs. Garcia replies.
"Oh, no he didn't." Zoey says a little sad.
"Well, I guess you and Emery will just have a day all to yourselves. I'm meeting Emery's mom today for a spa day." Mrs. Garcia says, shocking me.
"Really?" I ask.
"Yep, she called me and told me she needed some relaxation." Mrs. Garcia says, not really shocking me this time. "I'll see you kids later. Have fun! But not too much fun."
"Mom, how many times do I have to tell you, we're just friends." Zoey says with her hands covering her face.
"Oh, okay," she says winking at me, "see you two later." And with that she's out the door.

I walk around the table to where Zoey is sitting and sit next to her.

I put my arm around her and say, "So your mom thinks we're cute together."
She takes my arm off her and says, "Yea, whatever." Then she turns to me. "Are you okay that she's meeting with your mom?"
"Yea, I mean I guess it's good that she's trying to relax. Maybe it will help."
"Okay, but I'll make sure to get all of the details when she gets back."
"Thanks, Z," I say and give her a side hug.

We finished breakfast and are now lying back in her bed just relaxing. I'm holding her in my arms, and her head is on my chest.

"So what do you want to do?" She looks up at me and asks.
"Want to play truth or dare?" I ask.
"The last time we played I almost got killed by Ricky because you stupidly dared me to walk downstairs in your shirt and boxers."
"Oh, come on," I say, doing my best puppy dog eyes.
"Ugh, only because you know I can't say no to those chocolate eyes," she says giving in.

We both sit up on her bed and start playing.
"Truth or dare?" I ask her.
"Truth," she says.
"Have you ever kissed someone?" I ask.
"Ugh, no," she responds, shocking me.
"Z, you're 17. What the fuck?" I exclaim.
"I know, stop. Truth or dare?" She says getting off the subject.
"Truth," I choose.
"What's your biggest fear?" She asks.
"That I'll never be able to find my perfect girl," I say, looking down.

She takes one of my hands into one of hers and looks deep into my eyes.

"You will find her. I promise."

And when she says that, something in my heart tells me she's right. Something in my heart tells me that I already found my 'perfect girl'.

"Truth or Dare?" I ask her quietly.
"Dare," she says.
"Kiss me," I say.
"What?" She says, suddenly looking breathless.
"Kiss me, right now," I say, still quiet.
"B-but Em, I-I," she stutters.

I move in closer to her and hold her cheek in my hand. She swallows loud. I lean down and she closes her eyes.
Just do it, you pussy.
One.
Two.
Three.
Our lips collide and I feel a spark of energy and love into my system. Suddenly the room is hot again. Her arms once again go around my neck and she kisses back. I push her down on the bed, still kissing her and pin her down again. I make a bold move and lick her bottom lip. Shockingly, she opens her mouth, letting my tongue enter. We battle for dominance, of course I win. This, already heated, kiss turns into a full blown make out session.

She pulls away and says, " What the hell did we just do?"
"We kissed," I say, stating the obvious.
"Shut the fuck up, we didn't," she says dumbfounded.
"Zoey, we kissed," I say again.
"Seriously, shut up. You can't tell anyone about this," she demands.
"Why not?" I ask.
"One, Ricky would kill the both of us. And two, what's the difference? It's not like we're together," she says, freaking out.
"Oh, yea." I say quietly.
"Em, I didn't-" I cut her off.
"No, Z, it was stupid. I'm sorry. Can we just pretend it didn't happen?" I ask, hoping things would go back to the way they were before.
She hugs me and says, "Of course," she pulls away and says, "but thanks for giving me my first kiss." She kisses my cheek.
"No problem," I laugh.

We lay back down in her bed just like before. But this time, my heart is aching, for her.

Chapter 6 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please leave your comments below, and please vote. Thank you, again.