Chapter 10- Pool Day & What Party?

•skip to about 11:30am•

Zoey's POV
Emery and I wait downstairs for Ricky to see what we should do today. Ricky finally comes down. We decide to spend time outside and in our pool today.
Emery and I went upstairs to get changed. He asks Ricky if he could borrow a pair of his board shorts and goes into the bathroom to change. I picked out a bikini to wear. I put on my pink floral bikini and my tan heels. I also took out my sun hat to wear outside. Emery came back into my room, dressed in his bathing suit. He's wearing pink board shorts with flamingos. We go downstairs to find Ricky in the kitchen, wearing American flag board shorts.

 We go downstairs to find Ricky in the kitchen, wearing American flag board shorts

We go outside, and I sit in my chair beside the pool to tan.

"Em, do you want to have a diving contest?" Ricky asks Emery.
"Yea sure," Emery says. He then looks at me, "Z, will you be the judge?"
I nod my head and stand up from my chair.

While Ricky walks over to the diving board, Emery comes over to me.

He puts his arm around me and whispers in my ear, "You know who should win."
I push him away and say, "I can't be persuaded, Em."
He comes back over to me, lowers his head down, and says, "We'll see."

We look over to Ricky, and he's ready to dive in. He turns around and does a backflip into a cannonball into the pool. He comes out of the pool, gets a towel, and walks over to us.

"Top that, bro," he says, hitting Emery with his towel.
"Oh, I will," Emery responds back.

Emery walks over to the diving board. He jumps on the board a few times and finally jumps off into the air. He does a front flip then a split in the air. He lands in the pool and doesn't come up for a minute.

"Where is he?" I ask Ricky.

I run over to the edge of the pool to see where he is. Then a hand comes out of the water, pulling me in. He pulls me under the water and holds me close to him. He is about to kiss me, but I break free of him and get out of the pool, grabbing a towel. He pokes his head out of the water.

"What the hell was that?" I ask Emery, while drying myself.
He doesn't answer me, just comes out of the pool.
"Well, if you two are done flirting, who won, Z?" Ricky says, smirking at us.
"First, we were not flirting. And second, Ricky, you won," I say.

Then I walk over to Emery, who is standing at the edge of the pool.

"And you, Emery, lost," I say and push him into the pool.
He pops his head out of the water again and says, "What was that for?"
I bend down to where he is and say, "We'll talk about this later."

I turn around and walk back over to my chair to tan. As usual, Ricky rags on Emery for losing, and Emery says he will get him back. They play basketball in the pool for about half an hour. Then they just relax in the pool. About an hour after, I hear the boys converse, but can't make out what they are saying. Then I hear a door close and see the sun blocked through my eyelids. I open my eyes and see Emery standing above me.

"Why are you blocking my sun?" I ask him.

He pushes me over and lies down next to me.

"Hey! You're taking up my whole chair. I'm hanging off the edge," I yell at him.
He pulls me to his chest and says, "Better?"
"I guess," I say, now holding onto him. "Where's Ricky?" I then ask.
"He said he had to go pick up stuff for the party," he says.
"What?" I exclaim.
"He didn't tell you?" Emery asks me.
"No! Why and when are we having a party?" I ask him, while breaking away from him and getting up.
He lays back on the chair and says, "Because it's summer and your parents, who left on a business trip, won't be home for two days. Oh and it's tonight at 7."
"What? I hate parties. Why does it have to be tonight?" I say, freaking out. "I don't even have anything to wear!"
Emery stands up, grabs my shoulders, and says, "Z, calm down. You'll be fine. I'll help you pick something out."
I hug him and say, "Okay."

We head upstairs to take showers and get changed. I'm take my shower first and wait for him in my room. He gets out of the shower around 2pm, so we have five hours until everyone arrives.
Emery sits on my bed as I go to my closet to pick out some outfits for tonight.

"This?" I say holding up a pair of jeans and a nice shirt.
"No, too little skin," he says.
"Hey, I'm trying to look nice not lose my virginity," I say, hitting him.
"I'm just saying, that's not something you should wear to a party," he responds.
"What about this?" I say, holding up shorts and crop top.
"Too much skin for you," he says.
"What do you mean by that?" I ask him, confused.
He walks over to me and holds my hands. "I don't want these guys to be all over you, which I know they will be anyway," he says, looking into my eyes.
"Awe, Em. Don't worry, guys never like me. You don't have to be so overprotective," I say, staring back into his eyes.
"Come on, Z. You know all the guys like you, especially that asshole, Blake," he says.
"Okay, I know Blake likes me, but there is no way in hell I'm ever going out with him. He's such a fuckboy," I say.
"I'm glad to hear that. Now let's figure out what you're going to wear," he says.

Emery goes to my closet and picks out a dress and a pair of black heels.

"Try this on," he says.
"Okay," I say and take it to try it on in the bathroom.

I put on the dress and heels. I have to say, Emery has pretty good taste. I then walk out of the bathroom to see what Emery thinks.

I see he is on his phone and clear my throat to let him know I'm back.
He lifts his head up from his phone, looks at me in astonishment, and says, "Wow."
"I guess it is a step up from my usual sweats," I say, biting my lip.
He stands up and comes over to me. He crouches his head down to mine and says, "It's different, but just between you and me, I like the sweats a lot too."
I blush a deep red and say, "Okay I have to fix my hair and put on some makeup."
"No," he says and cups my cheek, "no makeup. You're beautiful as you are."
I giggle but soon after realize what is happening. I move away from him and say, "We have to talk about this."
"About what?" he asks.
"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about," I say, sitting on my bed.
"I'm not kidding I don't know what you're talking about," he says, sitting next to me.
"You're acting different. Maybe we should just forget everything from yesterday," I say, looking down.
"No. Zoey, I didn't mean to act different. I didn't mean anything I did. It was just a reflex. Don't end the deal because of this," he says, grabbing my hand.
"Okay, I guess I'm just more paranoid now. But this is the last time we speak of it," I say and get up. "Now I have to finish getting ready."

I go into the bathroom to put on some light makeup and to curl my hair.
Party here I come (against my will).

Chapter 10 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.