Chapter 9- Redo & The Deal

Emery's POV
I couldn't sleep at all last night. I kept thinking about Zoey and if I like her as a friend, or as more than a friend.
I look down and see her, cuddling up to me. I look at her alarm clock on her nightstand. It's 7:00. I get up, making sure not to disturb Zoey. I go into the bathroom. Maybe a shower will help clear my mind.

Zoey's POV
I start to move around and feel no presence beside me. I open my eyes to see it's 7:48. Where's Emery? He's definitely not a morning person. Just then, I hear my bathroom door open and stands there is a soaking wet Emery with nothing but a towel on. His eyes are closed and he walks out of the bathroom to sit down on my desk chair.
I walk up to him slowly, stand behind him, and give him a hug, resting my head on top of his.

"Em, are you okay?" I ask him quietly.
He sighs happily and says, "I'm better now."

He turns arounds on the chair and with one swift move picks me up. Now we're both sitting on the chair, with me on his lap. He keeps both of his arms around me.
I ruffle my left hand through his damp hair, and he leans his head on my shoulder.
We stay like that until 8:30, when Emery and I decide to get changed.
I come out of the bathroom to see Emery sitting at the edge of my bed with his hands folded, looking down. It seems as if he's praying. I sit next to him, and he releases his hands, grabbing one of mine.

"What were you praying for?" I ask him as I put my head on his shoulder.
"Peace... serenity... assurance," he turns to me and looks deeply into my eyes, "love."
I smile at to him and say, "I hope you get everything you asked for Em, because I know you deserve it."

His hand strokes down the side of my face.
He's acting so different today, so... loving.
He cups my cheek.

"Z, I didn't really like how this occurred last time. Do you think I could redo it?" he asks in a low and quiet voice, while leaning in.

I can never say no to those chocolate eyes, and I really can't say no to kissing those perfect lips again. So I slowly nod my head.
He sinks his head down, and once again I feel the collision of his beautiful lips with mine. I feel butterflies in my stomach and sparks all over the rest of my body.
I put my arms around his neck, as he moves his hands down to my waist. He licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance and I accept. He uses his tongue to gently massage mine. Next, Emery lies me down, without releasing my lips, and hovers over me. I pull at his baby hair and he moans into my mouth. I pull away from his mouth, flip us over so I am on top, and start kissing down his neck, while he moves his hands up and down my sides. I pull away from his neck, and he attacks my lips yet again. He lifts my legs, so I am now straddling him. I ruffle my hands through his hair. He flips us over again, and I yank on the bottom of his shirt, wanting it off. He takes it off and I run my fingers down his abs, as he starts kissing me again.
After a few more minutes, he pulls away and rests his forehead on mine.

"Did we just?" he asked.
"Yea," I said and I laughed a little.

He poked his head back down and pecked my lips. I giggled, and he did it again.

"Okay, okay, we need to stop," I said, pushing on his still bare chest, "and you need to put your shirt back on."
"You were the one who wanted it off, babe," he said and stole another kiss from me. "And, what if I don't want to stop. I mean, you obviously like it."
I push him off of me and throw his shirt at him. "Em, there's no doubt that I'm sexually attracted to you, but I'm not about to become friends with benefits with my best friend," I say, truthfully, while getting up.
"Okay, how about we make a deal?" Emery asks me, with a devilish smirk on his face.
"What kind of deal?" I ask.
"One day every week we get to kiss each other as much as we want, but when those 24 hours are up we don't talk about it and go back to normal," he says.

I look at him questionably, and he looks at me pleadingly.

"Fine, but if we talk about it or act differently even one time the deal is off," I say.
"Okay," he says coming over to me, lowering his head down to mine.
I quickly push him off. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask him.
"Well, I was thinking the deal would start today," he said, cupping my cheek.
"No, we've done enough in the last 24 hours. It's starting next week," I say, pushing him away.
"But-" he tries to change my mind.
"Nope, no talking about it," I say.
"Ugh," he puffs, annoyed, as he fell onto my bed.

Emery's POV
I made up my mind. I'm not pushing my feelings to the side anymore. I finally found my perfect girl, and the ironic thing is, she's been with me the whole time. From now on, I'm going to do everything to make her like me back and eventually become the girl I can call mine. And phase one is this deal.
I don't know how I've never thought this way about Zoey before. I know for a fact that she is definitely my perfect girl. Everything just... makes sense. Everything... points back to her.

Chapter 9 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.