Chapter 17- Writer's Block & Pictures

Emery's POV
After I hung up with Zoey, I tried to work some more on my song, but I have serious writer's block.

Let's see what we have so far...

Well, the chorus doesn't absolutely suck.

"Hit by the waves, caught in a shipwreck
Oh, I'm breaking for you
I may be lost, but my hearts the compass
Oh, it points back to you"

This chorus is a metaphor for me being hit by my parent's "wave," caught in their "shipwreck." I'm "breaking" for help. I may be "lost" in this terrible world, but my heart's the "compass." It "points back" to Zoey.

I tried to write some verses, but nothing else I write is good.

I know which lines I want to use as the pre choruses though.

"Hold on, hold on for dear life
One last try"

and

"Hold on, hold on for dear life
One last time"

I know there's not much difference, but there's just something I like about both endings.

These lines mean I have to hold on for one last try and I have one last time to get this right.

I decide to put this song to the side for now, until I can come up with something else to write.

I pick up my phone and scroll through my feed on Instagram.
I see Zoey liked someone's picture, so I decide to go onto her page.
I scroll through her pictures and one catches my eye.

Her caption reads, "When my boy and I match..."

I look down at the comments.
First, I see my comment, "<3".
Next, I see, her best friend, Clare's comment, "LOVE!"
I see a few other comments saying, "Cute," or something else along those lines.
After seeing those comments, I see another one that says, "OMG stop are you two finally together?!"
Zoey responded by saying, "Stfu Bella."

What does that mean? I didn't even know she had a friend named Bella.

I keep scrolling down her page and see something I remember not liking. A picture of Zoey and Clare from last Halloween.

The caption says, "The jelly to my peanut butter

The caption says, "The jelly to my peanut butter."

Okay, first off, this is so slutty. And secondly, Zoey is allergic to peanut butter. It shouldn't have been so close to her mouth!

I was so mad when she posted this. I confronted her about how slutty it looked, and she didn't talk to me for three days. Eventually I apologized, but I'm still not over it.

Though, as much as it pains me to say it, she looks really hot in this. And the truth is... I was jealous that other guys would see this.

I keep scrolling back up her page and find another picture that makes me smile. It the picture she posted for my birthday last year.

Her caption says, "Happy birthday to the one person who makes me the happiest I could ever be

Her caption says, "Happy birthday to the one person who makes me the happiest I could ever be. Emery, you're my best friend, and I could never imagine my life without you. You may be an ass sometimes, but you're still my favorite person. I know I don't tell you this nearly enough times, but I love you. Happy birthday Em ❤️."

I look at the comments and see mine first, "I love you too Z. Thank you ❤️."
A lot of the other comments are birthday wishes to me. After scrolling down all the comments, I see the last few are between Clare and Zoey, and they're only from a few days ago.

Clare comments, "YOU LOVE HIM! YOU SAID IT YOURSELF. STOP DENYING IT!"
Then Zoey comments back to her, "NOT IN THAT WAY!"
Clare comments again, "Zoey, you know you love him, so stop denying it."

Wait... so Clare thinks Zoey loves me, like more than in a friendly way. I look at the day these comments were from again and realize they're from the day after the party. What did they talk about during the party?

Chapter 17 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. I'm sorry that this is a short update, but there's more to come soon. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.