Chapter 14- Sharing Secrets & Compressing Love

Zoey's POV
Emery and I decided to spend the rest of the day watching movies. We asked Ricky if he wanted to join, but he said he's still tired from last night.

•skip to a few hours later•

I turn the TV off after finishing our third movie. And look over at Emery.

"So, what do you want to do now?" I ask him.
"I don't know. Talk?" he says.
"Okay. What do you want to talk about?" I say back.
"I don't know," he says then looks down. "Tell me something you've never told anyone."
"You already know everything," I say, making him give me a 'are you serious' look.
"Okay. There may be one thing you don't know," I start saying but then pause, looking down. "When I was 13 I got my first period. A few months later I ran out of pads. I got too embarrassed to ask my mom for more, so I used tissues in the place of them for about 3 years until I got my license and could buy them on my own." I finish.
"Well, that's awkward," he says.

I turn away from him and lay down face first, putting my head in my pillow.

I feel him rub my back and hear him say, "I didn't mean it like that. I meant that must've awkward for you."
"Yea, yea," I say, lifting my head from the pillow.
"So now, tell me a secret you've never told me," I say, sitting up.
"Okay," he says, "When we were in eighth grade, I may or may not have told all of the boys in our grade to back off of you after I saw Luke Jacobs flirting with you."
"You what?" I scream, slapping him on the chest.
"Come on. I didn't mean it. We were kids," he says.
"You fucking idiot! This is the whole reason why I haven't been asked out since then! You- you- you fucking bastard," I yell at him, standing up.
He gets up, walks over to me, and tries to calm me down by saying, "Zoey, I'm sorry I didn't mean for any of that to happen."

He grabs my hands, and I immediately rip mine back from his.

I scream back at him, "That's always what you do! You never think of what could happen! You retard! Do you know how many nights I've spent being depressed, thinking that there was something wrong with me because every guy in school didn't even want to approach me?"
"Zoey, Zoey please calm down," he says, gripping my shoulders.
"Get out," I scream, ripping myself away from him.
He just stands there so I repeat myself, "Get out."

We walks back over to me and instantly sinks his lips onto mine. I'm so damn mad at him right now so I kiss him back as hard as humanly possible. I push him back onto my bed and climb on top of him.

I take my lips off of his for a second and say, "You really think you could get away with something like this?"

Before he can say anything I put my lips right back on his. I hold his hands down with mine so he doesn't get the satisfaction of this kiss. He moans against my mouth. Not a lustful moan, but a angry moan.

I pull away again and he says, "I never knew you were this strong."

Instead of replying, I smash my lips onto his again. I press myself onto him, making him moan a lustful moan this time. He tries to grind on me, but I keep his hip down with my knee. His kisses get harder, and he seems as if he's getting annoyed with me. Out of no where he grips my hands harder and flips us over.

He lifts his lips off of mine and in a husky tone says, "You really think I would deliberately try to hurt you? Maybe I just didn't want you to get hurt by any of the douches who would've asked you out."

I just stare up at him angrily, trapped by his muscular body pinning me under him. I close my eyes and let out a breath.

"You know it sucks when you're right," I say.
He gets off of me and says, "Too bad I always am."

I open my eyes and with a laugh punch his arm.

"And you're welcome for your lack of heartbrokenness through the past few years," he says.
"You're so lucky you're my best friend," I say.

We just lay there for a while, peacefully, and I start to think about us. I don't want to overdo our deal. I guess I'm going to have to do something really hard. I guess I'm going to have to compress my love. This means I have to try to reduce my feelings, or at least the way I show them towards Emery. This may just be the death of me, but I'll do anything if it means keeping Emery in my life.

Chapter 14 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.

It Points Back to You - An Emery Kelly Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें