Chapter 11- Party Encounters & Changing The Deal

•skip to 6:30•

Zoey's POV
I finish doing my hair and makeup. I walk back into my bedroom to find Emery. He's dressed in a navy blue collared shirt and a pair of khaki shorts.

"Hey," I say.
"Hey," he says back.
There's an awkward silence for a brief moment. Then he says, "Do you want to go downstairs?"
"Sure," I say.

We go downstairs to see the living room and kitchen all set up for the party with drinks, cups, and food.

"You told her, I'm guessing," Ricky says to Emery.
"Yea-" I cut off Emery.
"Yes he did. Ricky why didn't you tell me?" I ask him.
"Because I knew you would freak out and make me cancel it," he responds.
"Well, I wish you did," I mutter. "With that aside, you two better not be drinking tonight, because I am not cleaning this soon to be mess up by myself or taking care of you two tomorrow when you have hangovers," I say seriously, warning them both.
"I'm fine with that. Ricky?" Emery says.
"Fine. Only because I have to watch you, Zoey," he says.
"You don't have to watch me, Ricky. What am I going to do? I'll probably just hang with you and Em the whole time," I say.
"Okay, but I still have to make sure no one does anything inappropriate to you," Ricky says.
"Like who?" I ask.
"Blake," Emery and Ricky say in unison.
"Why would you even invite him? We all hate him," I say.
"He would've crashed the party if we didn't anyways," Ricky says.
"True. But don't worry, there's no way I'll even be within 5 feet of him," I tell them.
"Good," Emery says, putting his arm around my shoulders.
"I'll be watching you two too," Ricky says smirking at us.
"Can you stop already?" I scream at Ricky.
"Nope. Now, can you two lovebirds get out of the way? Our guests will be here any minute," he says, annoying me even more.
"Ugh," I say, taking Emery's arm off of me and stepping away from the door.

People start to pour in within minutes, and I completely lose sight of Emery and Ricky.
I feel someone cover my eyes. I turn around and squeal.

"Clare! I thought you were still in Ireland," I scream, hugging her.
"I got back this morning. Sorry I forgot to text you. My data plan just got back on. I had to turn it off while I was there," she says hugging back.

Clare's my best friend. She went to Ireland in the beginning of the summer to visit her family.

"So how'd you find out about the party?" I ask her.
"Ricky sent out a massive group text. I only came because I needed to see you," she said.

Clare isn't much of a party girl either.

"I'm so glad you did. I would've had to suffer through the night with Emery and Ricky," I tell her.
"Oh yea, what's happening between you and Emery?" she asks me, smirking.
"Seriously? You know there's nothing going on between us. We're just friends," I say.
"That's bullshit, and you know it," she says with a straight face.
I just roll my eyes and say, "How about you and my brother?"
She punches my arm and says, "Shut up."
"Nope. Come on. How long have you liked Ricky? First grade? Kindergarten?" I say.
"Seriously, stop. How long have you been in love with Emery? Since the first day you met him?" she says.
"You're just like Ricky. You guys don't get it. I don't love him. I don't even like him. We're just friends. That's all we'll ever be," I respond.
"Yea, sure," she says.
I roll my eyes again.
"I have to go. My mom was only letting me come for an hour because she wanted me to be home for family dinner," she says, looking at her phone.
"Okay, but seriously text me. I've been going crazy hanging out with only the boys lately. We have to hang out this week," I say, hugging her.
"Definitely. Love you," she says, hugging back.
"Love you too," I say, waving and seeing her out.

Once again, I'm alone.
Then, all of a sudden, I'm pushed up against the wall by none other than Blake.

"Hey, babe," he says.
"Blake, first off, I'm not your babe. And secondly, get off of me," I say, trying to push him off of me.
"No way, the fun is just beginning," he says, lowering his head.
"Blake, you've been drinking, a lot. Now, please get away from me," I say, still trying to push him off.

He grabs my hands and holds them tight. He pulls me closer to him and tries to kiss me, but I turn my head to the side.

"That wasn't very nice, Zoey," he says.
"Neither is this," I hear some one say.

Suddenly, Blake is ripped off of me and punched in the face. I finally see who is doing this. Of course, it's Emery. Emery pushes him out of the house and tells him to stay out and other things I can't hear. Emery comes back in and grabs my hand. He brings me upstairs to my room. He then sits me on my bed and sits next to me.

"Are you okay?" he asks me, still holding my hand.
I look down and say in a quiet tone, "Yea, I'm fine. Thanks for saving me."
He lifts my head with his finger and says, "I would do it anytime for you. Are you sure you're okay?"
I look away from him and nod my head.
"Zoey, look at me," he says.

I turn my head to look at him. He stands up, pulling me with him, and takes me into his arms.

"Are you alright?" he asks me one more time.
I look up into his eyes and can't lie anymore, "No." I take a breath and say, "At first, I wasn't scared when he first pushed me up against the wall, but then he became so forceful. I-I-I just wasn't ready for that."
He holds me tighter and whispers, "I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault, Em," I say.
"Yea, I know, but if I got there earlier, if I was watching you like I should've, if I-" I cut him off.
I pull away a little and put my arms around his neck. Then I say, "Em, what you did was enough. I'm so grateful for it. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't step in."

Then something that's broken my heart before  happened again. Emery started to cry. He's angry at himself for letting this happen to me.

"Emery, don't," I say, wiping his tears.

He holds me tighter and cries on my shoulder for a little bit. Then we both pull back and immediately after, we both have the same idea. At the exact same time, we crash our lips onto each other's.
He acts very gentle with me, and I know why. He sits down on my bed and pulls me with him, making me straddle his lap. He licks my lower lip, and I allow his tongue to enter my mouth. He gently massages my tongue as his arms go up and down my back. I pull at his baby hairs, and he lies down. We continue this for the next few minutes but eventually both pull away, with me still on his chest.

"I'm going to ask you something which may or may not change our relationship forever and immediately regret it. Okay?" I say.
"Okay," he says quietly, stroking my cheek.
"How about we change this deal?" I ask.
"How so?" he asks me.
"We get to kiss whenever but can't tell anyone, can't do it in public, and can't talk about it."
He pulls me in closer so we're nose to nose and says, "Sounds good to me."
"So we're good?" I ask, looking at his lips.
"Perfect," he says, biting his bottom lip.

He kisses me again, and let's just say we never got back down to the party.

Ricky's POV
I know what you're probably thinking. 'Ricky? Why didn't you watch your sister like you said? Where were you when she needed you?' Let's just say, I watched her from afar. I knew Emery would have her back if anything went down, and he did. And I have to admit, in a fight, you would want Emery on your team, definitely not me. I saw them go up into Zoey's bedroom, but I didn't want to overstep my bounds by eavesdropping or going in with them. They're probably talking about what happened with Blake, and Emery is probably comforting her. I know they're not coming back down. Zoey didn't want to be here to begin with. Emery is probably going to keep her company in her room, because he probably feels bad that she's be alone. See, your boy Ricky has got it all figured out.

Chapter 11 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please comment your favorite line, leave your overall comments below, vote, recommend, and follow for updates. Thank you, again.