Chapter 4- Always with You

Zoey's POV
I took a shower and got changed, then I headed down to the basement where I knew the boys would be.

As soon as I got down the stairs, I see Ricky playing Call of Duty on his Xbox and Emery just sitting there, looking kind of depressed. I walked up to Emery.

"Hey, do you wanna talk for a bit? In private?" I ask him, as I see his eyes light up once he sees me.
"Yea sure, Ricky you don't mind, right?" He asks Ricky. Awe that's just like him, always caring about others.
"No, I don't mind, I almost beat this level. Just don't do anything inappropriate you two." He says, eyeing Emery and I.
"Oh, trust me, we won't." I say, as I pull Emery up the stairs then into my room.

I sit down on my bed as he just walks around my room, looking at the pictures on my walls from us over the years.

"So Em, how are you?" I ask him.
"Fine." He says quietly.

I walk up to him and turn him around to face me. I then hold both of his hands in mine.

"Emery, you know you can tell me anything. Please stop holding back." I plead.
"It's just... no you wouldn't get it." He responds.
"What wouldn't I get? And I'm sure if I don't you can explain it to me." I say, trying to get him to open up.
"It's just, whenever I'm with you I forget everything that's bad and I'm okay. But then, as soon as you leave me I go back to reality and my whole world comes crashing down." He says, staring me right in the eye. He seems so fragile and broken.
"Emery," I say, as I give him a big hug, "I will always be with you, no matter if it's physical or not. I'm always in your heart. Just think of me, and I'm there."

He hugs me back and kisses my head.

"You're amazing, Z. I wouldn't be able to live without you." He says to me.
"Em, are you kidding, you're amazing. With everything you are going through, you're so strong. I would never be able to get through something like this." I say, while stroking the side of his face.

He collides his forehead with mine, and we stay like that for a while.

"We should go back down. Ricky is going to think we did something that we didn't do." He says, pulling away from me.
"Okay, but are you good now?" I say, wanting to make sure he's alright.
"As long as I'm with you, physically or in my heart." He says, as he opens the door of my room to head back downstairs.

We get back down to the basement and hear Ricky loud and clear, "Yes!!! I finally beat the level!!!"

Emery and I burst into laughter, and Ricky turns around to stare at us. Then, his eyes shift down to our hands, which neither of us knew were intertwined until now.

"Is something going on between the two of you that I don't know about?" He asks us.
"No." Emery and I say in unison, letting go of each other's hands.
"Okay..." Ricky says and goes back to playing his game.

•skip to 1:00am•

Emery and I have been sitting up all night, watching Ricky play Call of Duty. I have to say, it's pretty entertaining.

Ricky stops playing, yawns, and says, "We should probably go to bed."

Emery and I agree, and we all head up to bed. Ricky went into his room, and Emery came into my room because it's bigger than Ricky's.

"Do you want me to take the floor?" I said. I want to make him feel as at home as possible, well his old home.
"No, you take the bed." He says, being the gentleman he is.
"Why do we always have this argument? We both end up in the bed anyway." I say, lying down on the side I usually sleep on.
"True." Emery says, as he takes off his shirt and jeans, leaving him in his underwear. He crawls into bed next to me.

I creep closer to him and latch onto his chest. He immediately puts his arms around me.

He kisses my head and says, "Goodnight, Z."
"Goodnight, Em." I respond back.

Very soon after, we're both out like a light.

Chapter 4 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please leave your comments below, and please vote. Thank you, again.