Chapter 8- Mixed Feelings

Emery's POV
We finished dinner and started to clean up. I pulled Ricky to the side.

"What the hell man?" I whisper-screamed at him. "Why did you say that about me and Zoey?"
"What that you guys look cute together? I thought you wouldn't mind. You obviously like her," He said smirking.
"Bro, she's right there, be quiet," I say, hitting his arm.
"Oh, so you do like her?" he asks.
"Seriously, not the time or place to ask me this," I say.
"So that's a yes," he says still smirking.
"Stop. I don't like her. We're just friends. Besides, you know we can't be together. I can't screw up my friendship with her," I say staring at Zoey, who is helping her mom clean the table.
"Whatever, you both are just stubborn and don't want to admit you like each other," Ricky says and goes to pack up the leftovers.

Do I like Zoey? I always thought I loved her as a friend all these years. Just as a friend. But, to be honest, when she tells people the we're 'just friends' it stings. And today when we were alone in her room everything that happened made me feel something different for her, it made me ache for her. Like when she assured me that I will find my perfect girl, she touched my heart. And when I dared her to kiss me, the words just came pouring out of my mouth, like someone else put them there. But I don't regret our kiss, that kiss was the most perfect, beautiful thing I ever experienced. What am I saying? I can't like Zoey. She's one of my best friends. I can't screw up my relationship with her, just for some feelings I'm not even sure about.
Mr. and Mrs. Garcia say goodnight to us and go to bed. Ricky goes downstairs to play Call of Duty.
I walk over to Zoey while she is finishing cleaning the table.

"All done," Zoey says turning around, coming face to face with me. "Hey," she says.
"Hey," I say, inching my face closer to hers.
"So, what were you and Ricky talking about?" she asks, turning back around and putting the placemats back on the table.
"Nothing," I say, obviously not wanting her to know.
"Okay," she says. "I think I'm gonna go up to bed, I'm pretty tired."
"I'll come with you. I am too," I agree with her, and we walk up the stairs.

We go into her room. Zoey goes into the bathroom to put on her pajamas. I take off my shirt and sweats, and I lay in the bed waiting for her to come out.

Zoey's POV
I come out of the bathroom to see Emery lying down in my bed with his eyes closed.
I run over to my bed and jump on him.

"What the fuck?" he says, trying to hide his smile.

He holds me on top of him and then turns me over and pins me down.
I'm just full on bawling out in laughter.

"You thought that was funny didn't you?" he asks.
"Maybe," I say, putting my arms around his neck and play with his baby hairs, which is like second nature to me now. "You didn't think so, I'm guessing," I say.
"No," Emery says in a devilish tone, lowering his head onto mine.

He closes his eyes and breathes out. I lay still, watching his every move. He is holding himself up by his arms, which form a barricade around my head. I keep my arms around his neck, still playing with his baby hairs. He starts breathing very heavily, and when he does his abs touch my stomach. His eyes shoot open, and he rolls off of me.

"What was that about?" I ask him.

He turns over on his side, laying on his arms.

"I don't want talk about it," he says quietly.

I move closer to him, pick up one of his arms, and put my head under it and right next to his.

"Goodnight Emerykat," I say, trying to cheer him up.

He doesn't say anything back, so I kiss his temple and try to fall asleep.

Chapter 8 Author's Note:
Thanks so much for reading. Please leave your comments below, please vote, and please follow for updates. Thank you, again.