Chapter one |Moving|

Andreas present day

"Where are we moving to again?"

"It's a small town in California called Beacon Hills."

"Why are we moving there again?"

"Some hunters need our help with an Alpha problem."

"When will we be there?"

"Andrew stop asking so many questions. We will be there in about 30 more minutes." I shut my mouth and looked out the window. My mom and I had to change our names a little bit so dad couldn't find us. My name was Andrew Taylor and my mom's was Sarah Taylor. Mom tried calling me Andrew to practice, but she mostly only called me Andrew when we are in public.

We had to move all the time still, so if he did find something on us, we would already be gone. The last place we lived was Quebec, Canada.

My mother quit being a hunter, but I continued to protect us. I felt like it was my job to continue on the Chevalier name even if I wasn't even called that anymore.

"Andreas... Andreas we are here honey," my mom says shaking me awake. Huh must've taken a little nap. I open my car door and face our new house. It was big grey house that was covered in ivy with tons of windows.

"Uh mom isn't this a little big for just the two of us?"

"No of course not... I mean you have to have room for your weapons...and...and when your new friends come over they need a place to sleep."

"How many friends do you think I will actually make mom. I mean it's me...friend making isn't my— uh specialty." I need to think of a new word other than specialty. At my last school I couldn't make a single friend. Everyone thought I was bad news since I always had bruises and cuts on my body from hunting. It is what it is though I can't really hide who I am.

"Actually try this time Andreas," she said with an eye roll. Sassy.

"I'll do my best..."

"Alright good enough, now grab your stuff we have a lot of unpacking to do."

I grab my weapons first and head into the house. I pick the room at the end of the hall to store all of them in. It seemed like the fastest room to grab and go with weapons. After unpacking them to my liking I went back to the car to grab my clothes. The moving truck was supposed to come in an hour or so with all our other stuff. So might as well empty out the car before I have to empty out the moving van.

"Andreas did you pick your room yet?" Mom asks carrying a box with her name on it.

"No just my weapons room," I answer grabbing my neck in embarrassment.

"Come on Andreas I told you before, mundane things first," she said pointing a finger at me.

Ugh mundane things are so boring, who wants to spend their time folding their boxer briefs when they could be making arrow heads?