Chapter five |Catching up|

Previous chapter:

I've got some errands to run tonight so I'm going to let you too catch up. I let some money for pizza or whatever you want," Chris says as he walks out the door.

———
Allison released me from the hug and looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "My parents wouldn't tell me everything that had happened to you in Paris. All they told me was that you had to leave because your dad was abusing you. Was that true?"

"Yeah, it was true. My dad thought training me in hunting had to be done in ways of violence," I tell as I look down at my shoes. Those memories aren't the best ones to think about again.

"Why didn't you tell anyone? Why didn't you tell me?" She asks lifting my chin up so my eyes meet hers.

"I never told my mom because I was afraid she would start to get abused too. I guess I never told anyone else because there was no one else to tell. Well, until you guys moved in. I feel like the reason I never told you or your family was because I felt weak. Dad used to say that what he was doing would help me someday. That he was training me to live up to Chevalier name. I think maybe I was so into the thought of becoming stronger that I would never tell anyone about what he was doing," I explain avoiding eye contact.

She pulls me into another hug and whispers," You're not weak. You never were."

"Thanks Allison....Well now that I told you my story, tell me yours." She nods and brings me into her room. We sit on her queen size bed together, while she grabs her computer I scan her room. It was cute with plain white walls and green curtains with white flowers. Her bedspread matched her curtains and on her desk was her family crest. I checked my chest to make sure my own crest was still tucked away under my shirt. I bring my attention back to Allison when she nudges me.

"Well a lot of stuff has happened since you've been gone. First off I know about our family secret now, I figured that out on my own. I moved here around a year ago and met a guy named Scott." I called it, they totally dated. "I really liked him a lot and we grew really close until my parents showed me he was a werewolf. We continued to try to be together, but then my my mom died when she was bitten. After her death, I lost myself to my grandpa. I killed for sport and didn't care about what I was doing. Oh and my aunt killed a family of werewolves by setting their house on fire. She died last year when the alpha killed her. There is some other stuff but you don't need to know about all of it. Dad and I have decided to not get involved anymore, but we already broke that promise last night-"

"Allison, I'm really sorry about your mom and it sounds like your life has been hell. I just want you to know that if you ever need me I won't be far away," I smile sheepishly since I totally just quoted that American movie "Forrest Gump".

"Thanks... what do you want me to call you now since you changed your name and everything?"

"It doesn't matter much to me," I say as I put my hands behind my head and get comfortable.

"Okay well I could just call you Andrew? Or maybe Drew?"

"I like both. Plus anything is better than Angie," I tease. She gets a look of shock on her face and says," You loved your nickname don't even try to lie."

"Oh yeah because any 11 year old boy would love to be called a girl's name," I remark sarcastically. She playfully smacks my shoulder. "OW I think I'm going to have a bruise there now!" I cry teasing her. She just hits my shoulder harder. I better stop before she actually hurts me😬. We sit in an awkward silence before Allison asks,"What about you? Girlfriends? Fan Girls? Anything I missed...." She says with a sigh.