Chapter nine |Shot in the leg|

I slowly turn around as the steps get closer. I man in all black stands before me walking closer and closer. "It's good to see you, finally." The man says, walking faster. He goes to hug me, but I put him on the ground with a knife to his throat. "State your purpose."

"Ha ha ha ... you haven't changed one bit."

I remove the hood from the mans face and find...

"Lucas?"

"That's right mate. You've still got the best skills I've ever seen." He chuckles," And I found this note. It was left on your table."

Lucas holds up a small note that read, "I got called in. We are short a doctor at the hospital. They went missing awhile ago. I won't be back till late." I huge wave rolls off me to know mom wasn't taken.

"It's so good to see you Lucas. But why are you here?" I ask helping him up from the floor.

"Well besides my family being royally pissed at me. Your dad coming to sweep you off your feet. And my sister being "engaged" to you. I'd say I was bored," Lucas says with a smirk.

"And the same sarcastic attitude I remember Lucas," I say with a laugh.

"You know... thank you for sort of saving me from my dad," I say sincerely as we head to the kitchen.

"No one deserves to go back to that and what are friends for," Lucas laughs and pats my back. I smile after all these years, he was there for me. I was just too slow to realize it.

"You hungry or anything?" I ask opening the fridge.

"I'm starving," Lucas answers as his stomach growls.

"Crepes sound good? I'm been craving them lately," I say getting the ingredients out. I finish and put the plate in front of him and it's gone in a few minutes. I finish mine shortly after trying to savor the last few bites.

"You were hungry," I say with a laugh putting the plates and pan in the washer."

"Who can resist your cooking?"

"When have I made you anything?" I ask trying to think of a time when he ate something I prepared.

"When you brought that basket of goodies to hunting camp. Who would've thought one of the best hunters of all time would bring cookies and brownies to hunt. We were all expecting someone badass, but we got a chef," he says laughing so hard he had to clutch his stomach.

"Look, I wanted to make a good impression and not make people afraid of me. And at that very hunting camp you shot me instead of the target! My mom is still mad about that. You should be happy I was trying to be nice, I could've shot you right back. An eye for an eye," I say pointing to the spot on my leg where he hit me.

"Hey at least the it was a dull arrow instead of a bullet. I had told you not to let me use that bow!"

"I thought you could at least hit the outside of the target. I wasn't even near the shooting range. It was like you shot me on purpose!"

"No, I'm just not good with bows, only guns. Your lucky it was only your leg."

"Well I guess your right, but my mom isn't gonna be too excited to see you."

"Someone else who hates me at the moment, let me just add her to the list," he says picking up a paper and pen as he pretends to to start a list.