Chapter four | So what's their address?|

When I had arrived home my mother pulled me into a tight hug. "I was so worried Andreas," she said in French. She does that, speak in French that is, when she is too stressed to think of what it would be in English.

"It's alright mom, I had everything under control," I say before thinking back to the moment I was sprinting for my life away from those two werewolves. Okay, maybe not everything, but most things were under control.

"You're always saying things like that," she says looking down. "I just wish you would give this up and live your life normally."

"Mom, I can't live a normal life after everything I've been through. I can't just pretend I don't know the real reasons behind most animal attacks or anything supernatural," I explain trying to get her to look me in the eyes.

"I guess you're right, but that should give me a free pass that allows me to worry about you," she says with a slight smile as she looks back up at me.

"Guess who I saw when I was out?"

"Your girl?" Mom asks with a smirk.

"No. Mom. Stop. I saw Chris... he invited me to dinner tonight."

"Awe, does that mean your gonna tell Allison you've always loved her at dinner?" Mom asks smiley widely.

"No. No. Mom I swear..stop. I'm going to tell her that it's me..." I say grabbing my neck. I always do that, especially when I'm nervous.

"Awe, she will be so happy. You two were so cute back then, it can be just like old times again!" She shouts as she spins around. At least someone's happy about it.

"Yeah... anyway you want to help me pick out something to wear?" I ask avoiding eye contact.

"Ah finally you asked! I've always wanted to play dress up, but all I got was a boy," she exclaims running to my room.

"What are you trying to say? That you wish I was a girl?" I ask following her to my room.

"Now I never said that. Once you and Allison get married, we'll be able to do things like this together," mom says as she starts going through my clothes.

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Slow down mom, I haven't even told her who I am yet and you're already saying we are getting married. You need to slow down, I'm still in high school."

Mom stops what she's doing and looks over at me. "But you could be like Bella and Edward and get married after graduation!" I groan internally she's so obsessed with books about the supernatural, it's ironic.

I mean vampires are real, I've met one named Xavier, but that doesn't mean their skin glows in the sun and all that other stuff.

"No mom. Stop making all these plans," I beg messing with the bottom of my shirt.

"Well I get to tell you I told you so when it happens," she remarks with her sly grin.

"Whatever. Did you find me something to wear yet?" I ask as I sit down on my bed. "Uh huh," she says with a nod as she places outfits in front of me. I feel like a Ken doll waiting to be dressed to go see Barbie.

"Okay, so you usually wear a lot of plaid, so I got out one of those with your ripped jeans. But I also got out the navy sweater and jeans because I know you love navy. But personally I think the jean shirt and black jeans would be the best.