Chapter 14

Ariana's pov

"Prince" I called his name. I woke up in the middle of the night to see Prince wasn't by my side anymore. I opened the lights, and made my way to the living room, but he wasn't there. "Prince," I called again, in a husky voice. I opened the door of another room, and there he was, his back facing me. "Prince.. Why are you here?" I said above a whisper, as I sat by the chair next to him. "Sorry.. I didn't want to wake you up" Prince spoke, in a low but soft voice. "You didn't, I was just looking for you when I saw you weren't next to me anymore... Are you okay?" I asked. He played with his fingers while staring at the floor. "You should go to sleep, Ariana" he said, "You too..." I replied. "What is it? You can't sleep?" I asked. He slowly shook his head, as he rubbed his eyes. I tried looking at his face, but he just turned his head away. "Were you crying?" I questioned worriedly. "I'm fine Ari.." he said shakily, then he suddenly broke down as tears rushed down his cheeks. My heart fell in my stomach as I immediately embraced him. He hugged me back, and cried on my shoulder, as I just kept holding him. "Just tell me when you're ready sweetheart.." I spoke softly, my finger tracing down on the curve of his spine.

"I-It's nothing really.. It's so stupid..." Prince pulled back, trying to stop crying. "If it makes you feel like this, then it is not stupid.. Please talk to me" I held his hands. "I-I thought after releasing my third album my father or even my mom would try to contact me, saying they're proud of me or just say they love me, but I was too stupid to even think that was going to happen..." tears clouded his view, "My stepfather was right about me, I grew up worthless and unwanted" Prince finished. "You are none of these! Don't say things like that because it's not true, you know I love you" I wiped his tears with my fingers, "And maybe one of them will be there at your show tomorrow night" I said. "I can't sleep with all these thoughts in my head.." Prince managed to say. "I'll help you.. That's why I'm here" I uttered, "Do you want to talk about this tomorrow?" I asked. He nonchalantly nodded his head in approval. "Okay, let's go baby" I said before I helped him to get on his feet, and then went in his room.

After we both laid on the bed, "Kiss me please.." I heard his melancholy voice demand. I cupped his face with my hands, and kissed him in the most passionate way. When I pulled away, we just looked at each other in the eyes, my hand caressing his soft cheek. "Stay with me... Promise me that you will never leave me.." Prince grasped my wrist. "I promise you, honey" I whispered. "Thank you..." with a shaky voice, a tear dropped on his cheek. "Try to get some sleep, okay? I'm by your side.." I wiped the wet spot with my index finger. Prince put his arms around my waist, and placed his head against my chest, "I love you so much.." he mumbled under his breath. "I love you too sweetie..." I replied, my fingers stroking his soft hair gently, feeling my eyelids getting heavier.

In the morning, a loud thunderstorm woke me up from my sleep. Prince was still in my arms, sleeping like a baby. His thumb was near to his mouth, and he stirred in his sleep. As I tried to get up from the bed, I felt a large hand gripping mine, "Don't leave me.." Prince's husky voice expressed. "I'm sorry baby, I thought you were sleeping" I said, laying back onto the bed. He held me closer, and put his head under my chin, then started nibbling on my neck and collarbones. A small smile curved on my lips as Prince continued to kiss me. I pulled him back slowly, "Are you feeling better?" I asked, my hands on both sides of his face. "Yeah.." He nodded his head. "Do you want to talk about it now?" I questioned. "It's from the past now... Today's a new day" Prince stated, looking honest. "Okay.. But I'm here if you need me" I pointed out, my thumb slowly brushing against his cheek. He nodded his head one more time, and kissed me. "Thank you" he said. "Smile for me.." I begged, before I booped his nose. He looked down shyly, but wasn't getting it. I started tickling him in the crook of his neck, and that's when he gave in. "Stop!" Prince laughed out loud, tilting his head, as he tried to push my hand away. "You're too adorable" I giggled, after I removed my hand. "I love your smile" I confessed, earning Prince to blush slightly. "Don't ever do that again" He said playfully.