IV

Percy

"And why do they call you that?" Agent Romanoff asked.

"Why do they call you the Black Widow?" I countered, "They just do."

She didn't look happy with my answer. It came to me that in order for get them to work with me and trust me to some degree, I'd have to answer their questions more seriously. I sighed.

"Many reasons, but there are two main reasons." I continued.

"Which are..." Stark drawled out.

"I was getting to that," I scowled, "The first main reason is meant for the eye of the hurricane. The center of the storm, because when I engage in violence or act upon it, it's said that I'm as destructive as a hurricane. They also say that when I am of high anger, I act as the calm before the storm, which is the center of the hurricane."

"So basically how you act is why you're named, The Eye." Stark summed up, "What's the other reason?"

"The other main reason, is because I can see." I answered, putting emphasis on see.

"What do you mean? We all can." Rogers questioned, confused and offended.

"Yes, but not to the specific level that will get you the information you need." I explained, ignoring the team's annoyance. "When I look at you, I instantly can tell what kind of person you are. I can see the truth in your words, the intentions of your actions. I can even tell by the look of you what happened as early as the day before."

"When I look at you, I immediately can tell your loyalties, the strength of your bonds, the weaknesses and strengths of your body and mind. I see right through you. I'm basically the Benedict Cumberbatch of SHIELD, save the Watson." My lips formed into a sneer at the mention of a Watson.

"That's so cool." Stark basically screamed.

I raised an eyebrow at him. If he says so, it's useful as an agent. I could tell if the person I worked with or met was of good motive or not.

"Was that what you were doing in the kitchen?" Agent Barton questioned me, he grew even more wary of me as his posture shifted.

"Yes, as soon as I walked into the room."

Well, not all the way. I only scratched the surface point, I didn't feel like assessing them too deeply at the moment. I had time for that.

"So, how long are you staying here?" Banner asked, interrupting the silence.

"Until this infinity stone is dealt with." I shrugged.

Instantly Thor and Loki were invading my personal space. Grabbing at my body to try and find the stone. Instead of pushing them away, I drawled back from them and vapor traveled a couple feet away. They both lost balance and landed either on the couch or floor while I stood over them.

Immediately they jumped up and searched for me. The rest of the avengers stared at me with open mouths. When the two gods eyes found me, they tried to come forward again, but were blocked by the wall of ice.

Loki waved his hand and the ice vanished. Not surprised, since it was also his element, I waved my hand and the two unsuspecting gods were pushed into their earlier seating. Then I sat down to where I was before, and got comfortable.

"How'd you do that?" Agent Romanoff demanded.

"I have a few gifts." I replied, "Now before you two attack me again, talk first."

"Why didn't you say you were carrying an infinity stone?" Thor boomed.

"Thought you knew." I remarked, why else did they think I would willingly stay with this team?

"We didn't. Now which stone and where is it?" Loki inquired.

"The chitauri called it the soul gem, and it attached itself to my middle finger on my left hand." I showed them the alien jewelry.

Instantly Loki grabbed my hand and tugged it towards him. Didn't he know it was attached to me? Not expecting his eagerness for human contact I was yanked into his body. He paid no attention to anything but my hand as he observed the stone, not touching it.

"Chitauri? What are you talking about? How did it get on your finger?" Thor questioned, one after the other.

I adjusted myself comfortably, sitting next to Loki, leaning against the back of the couch. Allowing Loki to study the object contrasting with my skin.

"They attacked SHIELD trying to steal the stone. I grabbed the box holding it, but the chitauri shot the the container, so when the stone touched my skin, it found its way to my finger and stayed." I explained.

A hiss sounded from Loki. I turned my head and he was pulling back his hand from mine like it was burned. Looks like Loki tried to touch it, and it attacked him. But for some reason, my body took a colder temperature and I shivered involuntarily.

The team looked at us confused and concerned. I shivered again, confusing myself to why I felt so cold. This time, at the end of the shiver, a piece of ice shot out from the ring and into the air, before falling to the floor and shattering. After that, I felt my body return to its natural temperature.

"What just happened?" I demanded, turning towards Loki who face took on a grim expression.

"That was the soul gem momentarily stealing my powers for protection. You were affected because it's attached to you." He responded.

"What exactly can the gem do? And why would the chitauri want it?" I pressed.

"It allows the user to steal, control, manipulate, and alter souls, living or dead, and is the gateway to an idyllic pocket universe that is much like Heaven. The Soul Gem has the ability to steal the powers and abilities of others, it can absorb souls and project concussive blast forces. It permits the user telepathy and offense to another's soul. The Soul gem is sentient and has a hunger for souls. At full potential, the Gem grants control over all life in the universe. And now you have control of it, for some reason it takes to you and wishes to protect you as well."

"So in total, I basically have power over souls, alive and not. I can cause blasts that project force, telepathy, and steal others powers and abilities. I basically have control of who a person is."

"Yes." Loki agreed.

Wow that's a lot, no wonder the chitauri wanted it, but what would they do with it? I didn't want to know.

"What are we going to do with it?" I asked.

"We can take it to Asgard to protect. For some reason the chitauri insist on taking it as soon as it made its appearance, so something is coming." Thor resolved.

"That'd be a great idea, except for one problem." I retaliated.

"What would that be?" Rogers retorted.

"It won't come off."

Tell me what you think...