Two-Shot

Prove Me Wrong
XXIX

Perseus

I sat in my chair nervously, waiting for the others to show up, although my anxiousness didn't show, thanks for that SHIELD. Loki seemed to sense my mood, connecting our hands under the table. I raised an eyebrow at his attempt to soothe me, but nevertheless intertwined our fingers.

"Percy!" I heard someone's voice shout.

My head whipped for the source. I turned and found a man around my age, okay maybe like a year or so younger than me, waving frantically. There was a group of seven behind him, and a beautiful woman at his side. I hesitantly waved back, unsure how to act.

They made their way towards me. I could only hope that this would go as well as this morning. Besides Reyna and Clarrisse's glares of why didn't you contact us sooner, it was fine. Fun too, I didn't realize how much I missed them, but I also realized how different we've become. I wouldn't be able to go back if I tried. A throat clearing brought my attention to the group of eight again.

They all crowded around the table. The girls tried to give me hugs, but I leaned back warily. I offered them a hand awkwardly to shake. Piper's eyes narrowed, and the next thing I know, I was pulled into a tight hug by the charm speaker herself. Before I could back away, Hazel had wrapped her arms around me too.

"I don't care how manly you are, Jackson." Piper hissed, clutching me tighter,"You're getting a hug from all of us, understood!"

"I missed you guys too." I murmured.

She let go of me, and I saw tears in her eyes. When I looked around, everyone looked excited, but sad. Maybe they missed me more than they cared to tell. I did leave right after the giant war to go to my father's palace. Then I went to finish my last year of high school, and they never heard from me again for years, until this day.

"Who's this?" Frank asked me, sizing up my boyfriend.

I linked our finger together as I sat down again,"Loki, a Norse god—"

"Norse?" Hazel cut me off, confused.

Loki nodded,"I'm from the Norse Pantheon, whereas you're all from the Greek Pantheon."

Nico furrowed his eyebrows,"How'd you two meet? Why's he here? Uh—no offense, Lord Loki."

Loki nudged me smugly, making me roll my eyes,"Don't call him Lord, he'll get an even bigger head for that."

Loki raised his eyebrows mockingly,"You'd rather I have a bigger—"

I slammed my free hand down on his man parts swiftly, cutting him off,"Ignore him. He has a flare for inappropriate uselessness."

The whole table looked at me confusedly, and with a little amusement as the Norse god cradled his crotch silently. The laughter died down quickly when Loki glared at them all. I rolled my eyes, snapping my fingers in their faces to loosen them up.

"He won't do anything to you." I assured them.

"How've you been, Percy?" Jason asked me, still watching Loki cautiously.

I shrugged,"Fine."

"After all this time, all you're going to say is 'fine'?" Calypso's voice was strict as she narrowed her eyes.