XVI

Fury

It was chaos. After Agent Jackson took the Hulk, and Loki followed them, I was babysitting four-year-olds. Although I had my suspicions about Agent Jackson's and Loki's relationship, it seemed on the way to something more than professional.

That means I'll have to start assigning Agent Jackson to more missions with the avengers. I wonder how he'll react to that. I could already feel the oncoming headaches. Oh, I'll just send Agent Jackson on missions that would include Loki, that couldn't hurt.

My thoughts were interrupted by the green flash that appeared in the middle of the room. Right between Captain America and Ironman, thank goodness.

I continued standing in the doorway of the living room, while both of my other agents sat on the furniture observing the situation. Thor on the other hand, jumped at the bright light, engulfing the being in a hug.

"Brother! You have returned!" Thor boomed happily,"Father has agreed to fight for our sake, it is time to celebrate!"

Loki scowled and pried the lightning god off of him,"Yes, Odin coming to his senses is certainly something to celebrate."

"I couldn't agree more."

The voice came from atop the counter to my left. There my agent crouched with Dr. Banner standing next to him on the floor. The kitchen and living room connected via the counter Agent Jackson occupied so I could see the food on the stove being cooked behind him.

Instantly, as soon as I saw the fuel, the wondrous smell flooded my nostrils and my stomach, along with everyone else's growled. They all forgot their arguments and headed straight for the door way to enter the kitchen. The one I was currently standing in the middle of.

I didn't even have time to move before Agent Romanoff was in front of me. No words were said as she grabbed me by the shoulders and placed me on the outside of the doorframe.

Deciding it was better to accept the defeat from the hungry woman, I stayed put. I ignored the smirks I received from the rest of the team, and waited for her to pass me.

Once she was through, I cut off Stark and followed my female agent. I could hear him protesting, but when Agent Jackson cooks, it's amazing.

He didn't do it often though, only when he was either in a really good mood or when something was on his mind. Lets hope it's the former, I want to eat in peace.

Once we were all gathered in the kitchen, we started grabbing plates and filling them with the man made meal. When my plate was full, I headed to the dinning table.

We all ended up spread from the dinning table to the kitchen. Agent Barton, Agent Romanoff, and Dr. banner retired at the kitchen table.

While myself and the rest of the team resided at the dinning table. Agent Jackson remained crouched in his previous position, watching us all fill up on his food.

His sharp eyes observing our eating habits and listening in on our conversations. The young man said nothing and had no emotion on his face, but his eyes showed uncertainty.

That was odd, I decided to make a closer analysis of my agent while he was distracted. He was crouched, but his left hand held his torso in a rather protective manner.

Agent Jackson's right hand kept him from falling, gripping the table tightly. His feet were spread to balance his weight, half arched and still in their shoes.

His gun was in its holder, clean and unused. The Agent's short ranged weapon, his dagger, was in its sheath on his waist. The Olympian silver sword from his aunt was in its scabbard, pointing at a deadly angle to anyone behind him.

Agent Jackson's skin was a bit more pale and sweaty then it should've been and his complexion was very tense. If I looked closely, I could see his chest moving in an uneven pattern.

Something was wrong with my best agent, and if I didn't observe him like I did, I wouldn't have been able to catch the pain he was in.

Frowning, I set down my fork and started to get up. As if he knew, my agent tensed even more and his vibrant eyes glared in my direction. Before I could approach him, Loki spoke up.

"Eat, Perseus."

Agent Jackson turned his gaze on the Norse god and said nothing. He tilted his head to the side, and looked the silver tongue inquisitively. Odd how Loki and Agent Jackson were on first name basis.

"Why do you not move?" Loki questioned.

Finally an emotion appeared on the young mans face, anxiety. His jaw tightened and a flash of pain went through his eyes. Concern swam through me, what was wrong with him?

"I can't." Agent Jackson whispered.

Everyone has stopped eating and we're now looking questionably at the agent. He ignored them all and focused on the norse god.

Slowly he brought his hand away from his abdomen, his line of vision following the movement. My sight tunneled in on his body.

When his hand was removed, I saw a semi-large tear in the fabric. Then blood started pouring out of it. The Agent's right hand trembled, and his whole body pitched forward.

Instantly Loki was there catching the young man. Agent Jackson fell into the god's arms, holding onto his neck like it was his life line.

I didn't notice, but somehow I had moved and was right beside my agent. Worry was flooding my emotions, he was annoying, but I had grown fond of him.

The rest of the team had surrounded Agent Jackson, confusion and concern displayed on their faces. Loki, dragged the raven haired man to the dinning table and set him on it.

His hands tore off his shirt to fully examine the wound. Once the shirt disappeared, his wounds were revealed. I ignored the faded scars which I knew were there, but the others must have not based off of their reactions.

A hole the size of the one in the shirt was embedded in the Agents abdomen. It was sizzling and smelt awful. His torso was covered in dark bruises which I'm pretty positive wasn't there before the attack.

"Perseus, what happened?" Loki growled, surprising me with the intensity of his tone.

The Agent scoffed and struggled to sit up, but the god pushed him back down with a new strength I haven't seen before. Agent Jackson glared weakly at Loki before relenting.

"Tartarus sword, it was poisoned. When I went all rage on him, he managed to stab me."

Loki glared with a passion that confused me at the agent. Although I could see the overwhelming worry in his eyes too, so I just decided to forget about it. I didn't need anymore headaches.

"What about all these bruises?" I cut in, a sword doesn't do all of that.

Annoyingly, the agent smirked at me,"Did you think that being slammed into a wall was all sugar and flowers?"

Tell me what you think...