XXIII

3rd Person

Robots were still coming, but slowly and definitely easier to handle than before. Without a word, Perseus linked his fingers into Loki's and they both disappeared. Everyone, but the new avengers acted as if that were perfectly normal.

"Where did they go?" Pietro asked bewildered.

"How did they do that?" Wanda questioned astounded.

"It doesn't matter right now," Hawkeyes answered, putting away his weapons.

"We've got a job to finish," Natasha Romanoff said, following her partner to a vehicle.

"I want everyone gathering the remaining citizens into safety." Captain America ordered.

"Thor, I need you to be here when I give the go," Ironman informed the Norse god.

"Aye, Stark. I shall be ready!" Thor proclaimed.

***

Meanwhile, Agent Jackson and Loki reappeared at the edge of the island. Both of them silently observed the Earth below. It was steadily growing smaller, and fires and wreckage could be made out.

Agent Jackson turned towards Loki, his expression serious. Loki glanced confusedly at his partner, wondering what his thoughts were.

"I want you to go below, and use your magic to protect them... in case we don't make it." Perseus declared softly.

Immediately Loki scowled,"Absolutely not. I'm not leaving you here."

"I'm one person," Perseus argued, his eyes flickering to the city below,"There are millions down there with families, friends. I'm an Agent."

"With family and friends—" Loki was cut off abruptly.

"Please?" Perseus pleaded.

Loki hesitated, there was something in Perseus' eyes that unnerved him. A spark of hope, intertwined with strings of desperation. There was something Perseus wasn't saying. Something about why this was important to him.

"Why?"

Perseus' lips thinned into a line,"Last time there was a battle, I lost my family because there was no one there with the ability to stop them from getting crushed by a building."

Loki frowned,"The last battle was when I brought the chitauri to New York."

Perseus' gave him a solemn look,"Any dead will result negatively for the Avengers, so Apollo and Hermes are already down there by my request."

"Perseus, I am sorry," Loki's expression was somber.

"Not your fault," Perseus reminded gently,"Go save others."

Loki nodded seriously. Perseus quickly leaned in for a good luck kiss, but Loki had other ideas. Loki wrapped his fingers around Perseus' belt loops, tugging him forward and inserting his tongue into Perseus' mouth.

Perseus quickly lost himself, and moaned heatedly. Unknown to them, their com links were still on, so unfortunately for them, the moment go ruined by Tony Stark. Luckily for the rest of the avengers, they didn't have to listen to their coworkers make out session.

"Hey, Agent Jackson!" Iron man snickered,"That game of tonsil hockey better be short, we've still got to stop this giant piece of rock from falling from the sky."

The two separated, Loki smirking while Perseus was a little breathless with a dazed look in his eyes. Agent Jackson quickly snapped back into work mode at Stark's words, scowling.