XXXIII

Percy

"How're your hands?" Natasha asked me once the laughter died.

I looked down at them. I had forgotten about them. Last night after I had fallen asleep in the kitchen on top of Loki, somebody had expertly wrapped up my hands. Right now gauze covered them in a mummy like way. I felt the throbbing underneath when I was reminded of them. They were still swollen, and multicolored.

"Perseus?" Clint probed.

I shrugged, stuffing them in my pockets,"No change."

Bruce frowned, beckoning me over,"Let me see them."

I walked over to him and handed them to him. The doctor's frown deepened as he studied them. I kept my face impassive, showing a minimum amount of pain. I wasn't supposed to give anything away, that's what I was trained to do. Although, whenever Bruce's fingers pushed on the more sensitive parts of my hands, I allowed myself to grimace or wince slightly.

"Let's put some ice on them to bring the swelling down." Bruce declared, patting them gently,"Then I'll check for any broken bones."

"Here you go." Pietro offered, already taking the liberty to grab some frozen water from the freezer.

I nodded my head in gratitude, setting it on the table. I walked over to the stove to grab the plates that held the cooked meals Loki made. Sitting down, I ate before placing the ice over my hands. Once everyone finished, Loki still hadn't returned so I looked at Thor pointedly. He brought out the book Wanda and Pietro retrieved.

"Can you bring it back to Asgard?" I asked Thor, who nodded in response.

"Hey, wait!" Tony protested,"What if we use it against Tartarus?"

"How?" Wanda demanded.

"Simple, make him vulnerable to the gems, and prevent him from using his magic powers." Tony answered smartly.

I raised an eyebrow,"Won't work."

"How would you know?" Steve questioned me confusedly.

"The spell he used can't be undone, none of them in there can." I countered,"To stop his power, we would need to contain the spell in something, then keep it in close contact with Tartarus. A spell that powerful has to have its weak points."

"Like the cuffs they put you in?" Pietro supported curiously.

I nodded,"Something like that. It'd be safer if Thor took it to Asgard where the Norse could protect it."

"Why not you?" Vision asked suddenly.

I tilted my head,"What do you mean."

"Tartarus wants you. Why don't we send you to the Norse to be protected?" Vision prompted.

I scowled,"I'm Greek for one thing."

"Nay, Perseus. It wouldn't be a problem." Thor disagreed.

I gave him a look,"I'm also an Agent who can take care of myself and the gems. I have all of them now and pretty much mastered the majority of them."

"How'd you get locked up in a box then?" Natasha pointed out.

I held up the book,"No more spells for Tartarus."

Everyone pursed their lips in disagreement. I ignored them, I was perfectly fine and didn't need to be protected like a damsel. Loki walked in, drawing my attention. My brother was no where to be seen. After the giant war, my father forced me to go to his palace for the summer to practice my powers, this was before I cast them out of my life.

Triton ended up being my teacher in weapons with my powers. It was a very rocky relationship at first, we probably broke half the things in the castle, but eventually we came to become friends. Then brothers, early this morning he and Tyson visited to see how I was doing.

Apparently Father told him of my new job, and life. I wasn't asleep for as long as the rest of the team thought. Loki left my room to give us privacy, when Triton appeared he saw us sleeping in the same bed and I guess the wheels in his head started turning. Of course I had to explain to him we haven't even slept together in that way yet, but brothers will be brothers.

Loki gave me a kiss on the cheek before sitting down and eating his cold egg. The smirk on his face told me something was up, but he calmly sat and consumed his food. I tapped his thigh to capture his attention in answering my silent question. Loki ignored me in favor of his food. I narrowed my eyes.

"Where's Triton?" I asked him.

Loki looked at me innocently,"Who?"

"My brother." I deadpanned.

"Oh him!" Loki suddenly remembered,"I think I saw him in the garage."

I looked at him suspiciously,"What was he doing?"

Loki tensed, his form shaking laughter,"Stealing your motorcycle."

I shot out of my seat,"What the hell, Loki!"

I vapor traveled to the garage and was met with the sight of the door open, and my bike gone. I screamed in frustration, closing my eyes in an attempt to locate my idiot of a brother. I entered the Realm of Souls, and searched for the soul of Triton. I found him zooming over Lincoln bridge.

How'd he get over there so fast? I used the time gem to freeze time in the whole city, and the space gem to relocate to Triton's spot. He was frozen in time with an expression of glee on his face as he speeded downtown on my motorcycle. I quickly turned off the machine, and sent it back to the garage through the water.

Then I got an idea in my head. I smirked, walking behind my brother who sat still in the air. I pulled out my sword, and grabbed his pony tail. In one swift slice, his hair fell into a bob around his shoulders. I placed the cut off pony tail in his hand that used to grip the bars of my bike.

I stepped in front of Triton, and smirked as I unfroze time. He flew forward, coming to a stop at my feet. He looked around in confusion, his hair flowing in the wind. Luckily there were no other cars on the bridge for now, but Triton's face was quickly becoming one of anger as he realized what I did.

I grinned at him,"Karma is a b—"

He cut me off outraged,"Perseus!"

I tipped my imaginary hat,"Thanks for coming."

Then I disappeared using the space gem. My brothers scream of anger was heard all the way back in the tower when I reappeared. Instantly, I grabbed Loki by the front of his shirt and slammed him into the wall. His smirk didn't even waver as I manhandled him. I ignored the amused laughter from the avengers.

"So you found him?" Loki guessed.

"I hate you." I informed him.

Suddenly my world flipped. One second I was holding Loki against the wall, the next, he was standing right next to me. I narrowed my eyes, god of illusions needs to remember his place. Then I was pushed from behind face first into the wall by Loki, his body pressing me against it.

"No you don't." Loki stated confidently.

I narrowed my eyes,"Yes I do."

Loki's breath tickled my ear, and I shuddered, closing my eyes. His hips thrust forward, grinding against me, making me bite my tongue to hold in a moan. I kept my eyes closed to block out the smirking faces of Loki's teammates. Although my ears didn't care to ignore their muffled laughter.

"No you don't." Loki whispered huskily.

I took a deep breath to calm myself,"How would you know?"

A predatory grin stretched across Loki's face, his voice stressing every word,"I. Took. Your. Pulse."

Tell me what you think...