XLI

Loki

"You're different." Tartarus observed, looking Perseus up and down.

Perseus raised an eyebrow,"I'm immortal."

"You're a god?" He spat, disbelievingly.

Perseus shook his head,"No, I'm immortal. I'm not Greek, nor Norse. I'm not confined into one Pantheon."

"What are you?" Tartarus growled.

Perseus smirked,"The Guardian of the Gems."

Then he struck. Perseus attacked Tartarus, taking him on, one on one. I rose to my feet, and fought with renewed strength. I aided Perseus the best I could, but he needed no help. Perseus requested I focus my attention on the mortals, using one of the six gems to get into my mind.

The mind gem was how Perseus was able to visit me in my dreams. I'm thankful for that, otherwise I might've gone crazy. Also how he told Wanda what to do when he died the same night he told Steve.

The battle was slow, and lasted hours, but slowly the chitauri numbers dwindled. Perseus and Tartarus were still going at it, but Perseus was at a slight disadvantage.

Even though Perseus had changed, the spell has not. Perseus was unable to use any gem against Tartarus, while Tartarus used three of the stones powers. Albeit, Perseus could change time around him, and use the Space gem to transport himself quickly.

Tartarus used the speed of the Space gem, so both Perseus and the primordial were unable to be followed by mortal eyes. The power of Reality was useless to Tartarus now that Perseus was stronger, but the Power gem was still active.

Tartarus continually changed his weapon from spear, to sword, to whip on occasion. The weapon never stayed the same for more than a few moments after its use. Perseus used only his Olympian sword, but a bronze leaf shaped blade appeared in his left hand as Tartarus formed more violent weapons.

The rest of us guarded the mortals down below by evacuating the city. With my magic, they were gone. The only thing we were waiting on now was the outcome of the battle between Immortal and Primordial. Thor shook my shoulder, drawing my attention away from Perseus.

"I have received word from Lady Artemis." Thor announced to us all gathered on the roof.

"What'd she say?" Natasha asked quickly, gripping her gun tightly, and aiming at Tartarus.

Thor responded gruffly, twirling his hammer indecisively,"The Jötunn's and Titans had attacked Olympus for Tartarus, but the might of Asgard and Olympus prevailed. All is well up there, but a spell from the book of Norns has prevented them from leaving until after the battle of Tartarus and Perseus."

I pursed my lips,"Thor, you need to help Perseus."

Thor looked at me puzzled,"What do you mean, Loki?"

"Only you can hold him down."

Everyone looked at me even more confused, Wanda speaking up for them,"I don't get it. Right now, Perseus is more powerful than us all combined as a newborn immortal."

I glanced at Thor's hammer, tapping his hand holding it,"Tartarus is not worthy."

***

Perseus

"Is that all you've got?" Tartarus laughed.

I growled, not answering him. I will not be goaded, I had more training than that. I dodged a slice of the sword by leaning to the side, quickly hitting the floor after to avoid the fire from the flame thrower. Activating the Space gem, I disappeared from the ground, coming down on Tartarus' flank.