Ch 1 • the first encounter

Y/n pov

I open my eyes, slowly getting out of bed I stand up and toss the blanket that had been providing me warmth that night on the floor. Then picking it back up from the sleek tatami flooring, and placing it delicately on the futon.

I slide the fusuma panels open, allowing me to gain access to the room in which my parents were eating at. " Ohayou gozaimasu." I grab a zabuton and sit down on my knees at the table. " Ohayou gozaimasu
Y/n." My parents say simultaneously before returning back to what they were previously doing.

"Oh y/n, can you please go into town today to get some food?" My eyes averted from my chopsticks, and met my mothers eyes. "Of course." My mother nods before getting up with her bowl as well as my fathers.

As I scurry out of the house, my mom brings me to a halt." Don't forget these." She waves a small bag in front of my face. Consisting of money, I grab the bag as she slightly ruffles my perfectly brushed hair with the palm of her hand. 

--

I finally got into town. Exhausted, I take a break and sit down on a bench conveniently placed right next to me. Almost knowing that I would need to sit down.
I examine everything and everyone around around me. My eyes specifically landing on 2 boys. 
      'Brothers maybe?'

But something seemed off about these two, there were 2 intimidating men standing behind them. I did a double take,

' body guards?!'

'What's so special about them?'
I finally get off the bench from which I was procrastinating on. I walk around, looking at all the fresh produce the people of the town had to offer that day. I see some nice ripe carrots that I could probably use for a stew of some sort. I pick out the ones I find nicest and get in a small line of people to pay.

I stare at the people in front of me, noticing they're the same boys from earlier.
I stand in line, minding my own business, when a horde of people rush across the street. Then bumping into me, causing my face to collide with what seems as the eldest of the 2 back.

'Shit'
He turned around, his tall figure towering over me, his face with a disgusted look on his face. "What business do you think you have touching me?" His words acrimonious towards me. The youngest brother finally turning around, gazing at me then his brother. "Hanzo, I'm sure she didn't mean to." His tone soft and almost in a whisper, trying not to cause any more attention that was already placed upon them.

"Y- yeah, I didn't mean to I promise." I backed away slightly, holding on the bag of carrots I had in my hand for dear life.

"Tch"

The eldest turning on his heels, facing the direction he previously was before I 'touched him'
The youngest giving me apologetic eyes, turning back in the direction his brother did.

As soon as I got the the front of the line, I quickly payed for my things and left as fast as I could. I rush back, but get interrupted not long after I left town. "Hey you!" I turned around, noticing the voice behind me belonged to the youngest of the 2 brothers.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about my brother over reacting earlier." He nervously smiles scratching the back of his head. "Uh-uh it's ok." I stutter on my words.
My cheeks suddenly feel hot. There's an awkward silence before he speaks. "So.. what's your name?" I blank out for a few seconds, realizing he was speaking.

"Huh?" My face with a confused expression. He chuckles, "what's your name?" I examine his face as he speaks, noticing he had a perfect smile, as well as some scars on the temples of his face."Y/n." I choke on my words, my introduction almost sounding as if it were a question.

He approaches me, feeling the heat from his body radiating off him. He lifts up my chin, "that's a beautiful name." A crooked smile forming on his face, he removes his hand from beneath my chin. My head immediately tilts down as his hand was giving it support.

I realize I didn't catch his name."Wait, what's your name?" I catch his attention, he turns back slightly.

"Genji"

YAY FIRST CHAPTER COMPLETE
It could've been better, and longer.
But there's always room for improvement .
But I hope you enjoyed it, because it was so much fun to write.

Also, I tried my best to research Japanese phrases as well as traditional housing. You know, for effect ^_^