Ch 4• lost

I nod, nearly feeling guilty for my actions. But why should I?! He was the one that did it to me. 'Baka'

"What'd you say?" My face turns red,' oh god, did I say that out loud?" I slouch my shoulders in embarrassment." N-nothing."

"Well it was nice talking.. I guess, but I have to go home." Somewhat confused, he shrugs but nods at my statement. We exchange awkward goodbyes before parting our separate ways.

---

I get home, but all the lights are off even our porch lights. Which they're never. 'Strange'
A bit curious I enter the house, the door was unlocked. I start to get a bit scared, my palms starting to get sweaty.

"Mother,Father!" I yell hoping for a
Response.'None' I quickly take my shoes off and run to my room, acting as if someone was going to chase after me.

--

I wake up the next morning, forgetting about last night. I yell for my parents again, no response. I decide to check their room, I knock first, not wanting to barge in if they were there. It was quiet, I slide open the door carefully.

The sight in front of me is something I'll never forget. In front of me we're my parents, but dead.

I felt like the world was sitting on my chest. It instantly became hard to breathe, I chocked a couple breaths but it was hard to.

"W-wh-who would do this?" I walk to my parents bodies. I look at them, their necks bruised indicating they had been chocked to death.

I grab house phone quickly dialing 119 (equivalent for 911)

Not long after, police are out my door. I tell them when I saw, they tell me to go outside.
I sit next to a tree I planted with my parents when I was younger.

I bring my knees up to my chest, and cry.
"Y/n?! What happened?" The figure sits next to me, putting their arm around my shoulders. I look up, only for the voice to belong to belong to genji, the one person I was planning on seeing never again.

But at this point I couldn't hold it in anymore, I let out any emotions that were built up inside me." M-my parents.. chocked." I couldn't get all words out.

He helped me up, and guided me away from my house. Where he was taking me? I don't know, but I walked beside him anyway. He kept his arm around my waist, making it so that I was constantly touching him.

"W-where are you taking me?" I finally decide to ask him.

"I'm taking you somewhere safe. It's not safe there." He goes through a set of large gates, continuing to guide me to a larger building.' Where the hell am I?'

We walk in, people are.. training?

"お父さん?"
(Father)

A man walks into the room we were standing in, an irritated look on his face.

"あなたがた源氏?"
(Genji, where were you?)

The tone of his voice turning stern and demanding. I started getting scared what they might do to me, seeing as we were surrounded by weapons.

"私は残念ですが、彼女は滞在する場所が必要です"
(I'm sorry father, she needs a place to stay)

He grunts, turning back and walking away.
"I'm sorry for my father, he's not good with meeting new people."

"No it's fine, I shouldn't have come anyway."

He lifts up my chin with his index finger, and looks into my eyes. Reminding me of the first time we met, I fell into a trance when I looked into his eyes." It's fine,don't be hard on yourself. I'll take you to my room."

He removes his finger my head falling once again. He grabs my hand, taking me to his room." Yeah sorry princess, you're just going to have to sleep in my room.. for now."

"It's fine."

---

We get into his room, and I sit down on his bed. He sits down next to me, and the next few minutes we sit there in silence.

"Th-thank you, genji." I hesitantly say.

My thoughts haunt me, I now have no family. I'm an orphan.

He engulfs me in a hug, I begin to sob in the crook of his neck." Genji, I don't know what to do. Where will I go how will I be able to afford anything, I don't know what to do.
I'm lost."